• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

The way things work today, there are always going to be transfer concerns. But really good players on really good teams tend to be happier than really good players on teams that lose a lot with the added bonus of losing while you aren't getting the chance to showcase your skills and you're getting beat to hell.
With the portal operating it seems to be more than just transfer concerns now. It looks like musical chairs especially for some of the top programs. Look at OSU this year? Fields was their golden calf and path to where they will be Monday night. We could name numerous programs that have been improved at the expense of other programs. Could expand on this but it's really pointless because this crap will continue on and on. The portal is advantagious to some programs while very determental to others. Unless your program is at the top of the pecking order might as well get used to losing players if they get to good.

Last edited:

If this is true it may very well be time to just go Ground and Pound on offense until you can afford to be a finesse offense. Run the ball, play tough defense, win some games.

I'm becoming more and more in line with this thinking. I think Frost should look at studying or visiting someone like Iowa State and some pro offenses that have began blending in a lot of college offensive concepts that utilize a lot of TE/H-Backs. He could still be a shotgun offense that vary tempo with plenty of RPO optiins but be more physical and better utilize our talent. We're going to be able to sign more high end Tight Ends than Wide Receivers.

Last edited:
I hate it but I 100% understand the kid. He needs to do what is best for his future & his family. Going to a better program where he gets more exposure, less touches at running back and more touches at slot receiver 100% equates to better draft stock. Honestly, even as a die hard Nebraska fan... I would advise him to do the same.

I definitely understand the narrative of wanting to build a winning culture overtime...the problem is, the luxury of "overtime" doesn't exist. We need to start winning and we need to start winning now or the hole gets deeper and deeper to climb out of. If you run a company you can slow down growth or manage expenses / revenue while you're establishing your culture, you can't do that in CFB unless your a mediocre program with average expectations.

You can't keep sacrificing Ws while all of your talent transfers out because your losing accountability counsel only wants perfectly committed 18 & 19 year old kids in the program. You need to meet the kids where they're at and do the best you can with it. Get the best talent on the field and make incremental steps with your culture over time...and by the way, the biggest culture cure is winning.

I also think a huge problem is Scott wants to be boys with his players. He's too emotionally vested with AM and others on the team. Being too emotionally vested with your players and staff can lead you to be biased in your decision making and I 100% see that as a major issue with Scott's personality. You could almost see Scott agonizing in interviews over the switch to LM vs AM mid season... not saying that was the right or wrong decision but the problem lies with being too personally vested in that decision and it makes you wonder where else that is going on in the program. Are you going to be as direct with a player or coach about a mistake when they're a close friend...it certainly makes it harder, it's human nature. Nick Saban don't give a crab about ripping a player a new one if they mess up or making a switch at a position.

Hear me say, I fully think there is a way to love your players well and be there for them as young men and help them succeed in life but I think those boundaries need to be clear on and off the field and all the talk about "so and so being a great person" or "making a switch at this position was the hardest decision I've ever had to make" leads me to believe Scott does a bad job with those boundaries and it shows up in shortcomings... It's probably the same reason he didn't take Joe Burrow and won't bring a transfer QB in this year. Playing favorites is not fair to the rest of the team and I do think that is an issue with our program.

So to conclude, my opinion is probably worthless but... I'm tired of hearing about accountability and culture when the kids have yet to experience any level of success that gives them hope their hard work is paying off and Scott needs to be more of a CEO and less of a best friend.
Damn bro. Well said.

Winning cures most ills . . . and there's precious little of it going on in Lincoln the last 3 years. WR probably just wants to play where he can actually win and make a huge impact. Not get stuck in the backfield to get hammered because the line can't block; take poorly-thrown swing passes for little gain; and not have the long gainers you probably would have on a team with better blocking and QBs who can throw.

Sucks . . . but can you really blame him? Imagine Robinson at one of the Top 10 teams. I'll hate it if he goes, but I'll frankly understand.
He's going to a terrible UK team (most likely), with no QB, a new OC coming in, and a terrible offense overall...so there that

I yearn for the days when the BEST players played, and if you wanted to be the BEST, YOU worked at it, you WAITED your turn, but you kept WORKING at it...All it takes is 1 play, and YOU are then the #1 guy....My feelings with the TRANSFER PORTAL is one of LOVE/HATE.....

But Wan'dale is the #1 guy

This year has had to be tough on players. Especially the ones from a long ways away.

Imagine being locked down ... not allowed to travel home, not being able to see your family, possibly having the family going through some struggles.

I hope he doesn’t go ... but if a guy who played a lot, if a guy who got his share of touches plus some ... leaves ... I cannot believe it’s about culture. He may be si k of losing ... but that’s a different subject.

You are suggesting losing and culture have no connection.

Obviously everything is speculation, but my speculation is that it is some pressure coming from family and friends.

He's going to a terrible UK team (most likely), with no QB, a new OC coming in, and a terrible offense overall...so there that

If he goes to UK, then at least there's some form of change (whether it pans out or not) and if you're still going to struggle, at least you can be close to home.

At NU, it's probably just groundhog day at this point for him. Likely the same coaches, the same QB, the same line, the same game planning, the same training, etc . . . and that got WR all of 2 TDs this year, bad losses, and a ton of bruises. Why go through that again?

What do you expect when you have three losing seasons under your belt. Hope he holds on one more year cause I think either a frost turns it around and we start winning or b we have another losing season and frost gets fired. The only thing that would stop frost from getting fired is if he makes huge changes to the coaching staff but don’t see that happening since nothing has happened yet.

If he goes to UK, then at least there's some form of change (whether it pans out or not) and if you're still going to struggle, at least you can be close to home.

At NU, it's probably just groundhog day at this point for him. Likely the same coaches, the same QB, the same line, the same game planning, the same training, etc . . . and that got WR all of 2 TDs this year, bad losses, and a ton of bruises. Why go through that again?
You may be right. But I can think of about 120 teams that had a better offense than UK. Honestly, I think, like you said, it's about being closer to home. Dad is going to get his wishes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back