• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

Of course no one likes losing and ultimately losing can be cultural but I don’t think SF’s program is there yet. Do you?
Ummmm...I do.. Even the most senior players have never experienced winning. And their success rate has gotten worse through the Frost years. What evidence is there that demonstrates there is a winning culture in Lincoln?

Last edited:

Gonedale?
Oops...my bad...
Gone'dale?
Bummer.
Off you go then.
More playing time for Alante Brown and Will Nixon.

Yes, more playing time for Brown and Nixon -- until they bolt a year from now. At this point, it's not at all unrealistic to think that's very possible. There's something rotten in Lincoln when we keep losing our most productive starters in addition to four-star recruits that barely stepped foot on campus. It's not like there isn't opportunity to play in what's become a revolving door. So your "off you go then" seems likely to be recycled to use again soon.

I honestly believe a winning culture would have wanted to play a bowl game which didn't happen.
I didn't get emotional whether the guys voted to play or not in this crazy, locked down year. However, I do agree that if the team was winning a lot of games and had a really positive season, they would have voted to play. Losing beats you down and you just want it to be over.
I'm still on the the Frost train, but they need to win early and often (minus maybe OU) next year or they might get to the point of no return (if they aren't there already).

The people not listening are stating that us trying to get the ball to our best player may have hindered the offense. It’s quite fascinating. As if the Chiefs should figure out a way to snap the ball to someone other than Mahomes.

***, that's the issue. The following do not allow Wan'dale to show case his skills even though he "gets the ball"
1. Swing passes thrown BEHIND Wan'dale
2. Poorly blocked WR screens
3. Six yard in routes right over the middle, leading to collisions with LB's that out weigh him by 40lbs.
4. 3 yard passes at the goal line (with near fatal results, although it did lead to one of his rare TD's this year).
5. Running him in short yardage situations, often in the red zone (170 lb. "Power back")

Lot's of touches, but not the appropriate use of his skills nor decisions that lend themselves to long term health.
To use your analogy, "like the Chiefs running the option and having Mahomes repetitively KEEP the ball instead of pitching it". Why would anyone want your best player to be subject to that kind of repeat physical abuse?

GBR

Yes, more playing time for Brown and Nixon -- until they bolt a year from now. At this point, it's not at all unrealistic to think that's very possible. There's something rotten in Lincoln when we keep losing our most productive starters in addition to four-star recruits that barely stepped foot on campus. It's not like there isn't opportunity to play in what's become a revolving door. So your "off you go then" seems likely to be recycled to use again soon.
Amen man. Amen.

Of course no one likes losing and ultimately losing can be cultural but I don’t think SF’s program is there yet. Do you?

I think it's far more of a dumpster fire now than it ever was under Riley. I also believe @BLyons11 laid it out quite well with his post on page two.

For a team that is in desperate need to take a step forward, there's been an incredible number of failures with personnel. I'm mostly convinced Frost is in over his head.

Agree with you 100%. I’ve said it for some time - there is something wrong in Lincoln - and it continues to manifest itself. What it is, I have no clue, but someone close to the program knows.

Coaches can't block kids from certain schools anymore unless they just changed the rules again.
I am not sure how "blocking" goes in this case but I am pretty sure we blocked that player from going to UCF....oh, wait, my bad....we didn't block him, Nebraska just did not sign his scholarship release so he couldn't play at all this season. Again, my bad.

I am not sure how "blocking" goes in this case but I am pretty sure we blocked that player from going to UCF....oh, wait, my bad....we didn't block him, Nebraska just did not sign his scholarship release so he couldn't play at all this season. Again, my bad.
No idea what that says

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back