• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vedral is FAST!

Of course he's fast. He comes from that good West River 605 stock.

Glad to see him get in the game. I will get roasted for this, but was wondering if they would consider starting him since AM has not been stellar?

Glad to see him get in the game. I will get roasted for this, but was wondering if they would consider starting him since AM has not been stellar?

You won’t get roasted by me, I posed the question a couple weeks ago whether it might not help AM to see a series or two from the sidelines when the offense began to stall.

Managing a QB is a different animal, apparently. Any other position, guys rotate all the time, but not QB, at least the way Frost/Verduzco handle it.

IMO we are starting to see what Adrian can do now. That drive at the end of the first half last week was a thing of beauty. Barring injury, I highly doubt Scott would start Vedral. Hopefully there will be more opps for him to get in - games that we feel in control of.

Managing a QB is a different animal, apparently. Any other position, guys rotate all the time, but not QB, at least the way Frost/Verduzco handle it.
You have never heard the phrase the if you have 2 starting quarterbacks you have no starting QB. Even TO only played one game. (94 Orange Bowl) without a clear starter. Going into 95 season he stated the TFraz was the starter. No coach in his right mind would do what you all are suggesting.

My how things have changed on this site. Went from me telling people Vedral was good and don’t let the spring stats and minimal game stats fool you, to now people advocating to start him over Martinez.

You have never heard the phrase the if you have 2 starting quarterbacks you have no starting QB. Even TO only played one game. (94 Orange Bowl) without a clear starter. Going into 95 season he stated the TFraz was the starter. No coach in his right mind would do what you all are suggesting.

Like I said Tom: the quarterback is too spessshhhul. Too fragile to be treated like the other players. :rolleyes::Lol:

Went from me telling people Vedral was good and don’t let the spring stats and minimal game stats fool you, to now people advocating to start him over Martinez.

Slow discussion day on here, apparently. Just to clarify, two people on this thread were “wondering” about the QB situation.

The “people advocating starting Vedral over Martinez” thread must be somewhere else (and I missed it).

Vedral better be fast, given those huge drops he was taking on his roll-outs!! If he wasn't fast, he would still be back there trying to make his way to the line of scrimmage!

Depth on a roll is not exactly bad. Not sure where you are going with that.

It’s nice to have a competent backup QB but I’m not going to read too much into one drive in garbage time.

You're not following the 'Backup QB is always the better option' rule.

I'm not sure what number the rule is, but it's been around a long, long time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back