• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vedral is FAST!

Vedral looked good.. much better than last year. Only issue is the backbeddling when scrambling out of the pocket. That won’t work vs really good teams. But overall he looked good.

Our backup QB absolutely needed some playing time and he finally got a little. Like to see another blowout at IL which would allow for more backups to get into the game. At least we have a small sense if the worst should happen we have a QB that's at least capable of running the offense. Also gives players a much greater sense of participation getting into the game. Especially since they managed to march down the field and score.............

Last edited:

I was surprised but glad to see him come in.

Our backup QB absolutely needed some playing time and he finally got a little. Like to see another blowout at IL which would allow for more backups to get into the game. At least we have a small sense if the worst should happen we have a QB that's at least capable of running the offense. Also gives players a much greater sense of participation getting into the game. Especially since they managed to march down the field and score.............
This hopefully the beginning of rotating in entire 2nd and 3rd strings by mid third quarter regularly like back in TO days. That did a ton for depth and let walk ons and young guys develop with live snaps. Makes things more plug and play.

This hopefully the beginning of rotating in entire 2nd and 3rd strings by mid third quarter regularly like back in TO days. That did a ton for depth and let walk ons and young guys develop with live snaps. Makes things more plug and play.

That's one of the things that Dabo Swinney does at Clemson. Easier when you have loads of NFL talent and few teams in conference even capable of beginning to be competitive with you. That said, 90+ guys played in their opener against Georgia Tech.

That's one of the things that Dabo Swinney does at Clemson. Easier when you have loads of NFL talent and few teams in conference even capable of beginning to be competitive with you. That said, 90+ guys played in their opener against Georgia Tech.
Unfortunately, the situation at Clemson is quite different. I'd love to see more guys get reps, but unfortunately, we lack "good" depth at many critical positions. Going to take a couple years before our 2s dont skip a beat when the 1s get a blow. But if Scott deems someone ready, I'm sure they will get in the mix.

I thought that subbing our #2's in as a platoon worked a lot better last night than it has in years. Sure, it was our 2nd string against theirs, but the talent (efficiency?) gap between NU & NIU increased at that point. We haven't always been able to say that, even against teams like NIU that don't have the depth.

The whole second unit played at a quick pace, much quicker than I expected and looked good doing it. Vedral had a pass off his back foot "ala" Taylor Martinez but looked confident and fast. Good to see the second unit being amped up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back