• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Unbelievable Offensive "Philosophy" from Doc Sadler

That stats don't lie, Wisc takes more time of the shot clock than NU and nearly EVERY TEAM IN THE NATION. That's not an opinion. It is a fact.

True or False:

On average Wisc burns more time off the shot clock per possession than NU and nearly every other team in D1 college basketball.

you provided stats that had the wrong data used in the calculations.. now you are changing in order to save face.. Too late!

I find this quote almost impossible to believe, but it comes from Robin Washut of HuskerOnline.com:

Doc Sadler on shot clock violation on NU's 1st possession: “To me, that’s not all that bad of a possession. It’s almost like a punt.”

More of the same mind-numbing, head-scratching nonsense. I have never heard coaches say things like this. Even conservative offensive coaches. All I can keep saying is, "Wow!"

you provided stats that had the wrong data used in the calculations.. now you are changing in order to save face.. Too late!
No I am not. While I openly, quickly and free admit that my formula was wrong to determine the average number of seconds Wisc burns per shot clock, my conclusions remain unchanged and EXACTLY what I originally posted. Read it for yourself.
This post is not a defense of Doc in any way. I am not a fan of ball movement just for the sake of ball movement.

However, we can't overlook that actual facts of the situation.

Wisconsin runs more clock per possession than NU does.

Wisc makes more shots than NU. Therefore, if that take a quick shot, they mostly likely are taking a better quick shot, but they too run plenty of clock.
Now, can you honestly answer the question...
True or False:

On average Wisc burns more time off the shot clock per possession than NU and nearly every other team in D1 college basketball.

No I am not. While I openly, quickly and free admit that my formula was wrong to determine the average number of seconds Wisc burns per shot clock, my conclusions remain unchanged and EXACTLY what I originally posted. Read it for yourself.

Now, can you honestly answer the question...

Why would I give an opinion based off of false data? Use the correct data and then I will give you my response. I have no idea if they do or not.

While true, I still think they will get to 12-15 wins in conference. They still have 2 defense, and they turn the ball over less than any other team, all while playing at the slowest tempo.

I would caution anyone using the last 2 games to conclude that Wisc is not going to have has a successful season.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back