• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyreke Johnson ??

Some of them, yes. Only Thompson is somewhat proven, and even he hasn’t had that much time. Once again, I’m not suggesting they won’t, only that it is no certain thing. I do hope you are correct.
At any given moment guys quit.
Their love dies, their drive dies.
From a known quantity, coaches know what they're getting.
To assume a guy wants more snaps is ok, but he may also feel out of place, ala Wandale, in how he's being used.
So assuming starter without work I dont believe many of these guys think thats going to happen, nor do I think the coaches are telling them that.
What you wont likely see much of are guys being recruited as safety moving to LB from portal payers, unless again, both sides, player and coaches are talking about just that. Not so with HS recruits.
Theres many advantages for both sides, and not many teams are getting sure bets from the portal before building depth first.

Who’s proven? Thompson? Who else? The Alabama guys weren’t playing that much. Guys in front of them were better. It’s a crapshoot with older players that are unproven, just like HS players. Most of these guys weren’t entrenched starters, just guys on some big name teams with some potential. Marcus Washington has 25 career catches. Not saying these guys won’t work out, I’m hopeful they will, but certainly no guarantee either. The coaches have to use them right.

Ochaun Mathis ?

Possibly Palmer as a punt returner at least
He played some, but still a bit unproven. That said, the things I’ve read about him are very good. I’m not arguing NU didn’t add talent, I think they did, just that the majority of it is unproven. Nebraska has had many 4* players that have never done anything, so it’s a concern is all I’m saying.

He played some, but still a bit unproven. That said, the things I’ve read about him are very good. I’m not arguing NU didn’t add talent, I think they did, just that the majority of it is unproven. Nebraska has had many 4* players that have never done anything, so it’s a concern is all I’m saying.
Especially per bolded, I can agree.....but I am very optimistic nonetheless.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back