• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyreke Johnson ??

Since he spent just as much time in the development program of OSU, what does that say?? They turned a 5* athlete into someone who not only couldn't play there but can't play at NU either.
Buried in their depth

lest we throw in Keem Green and Knab Joseph and M stepp.
Every time we get a tranfser we get told its a big get and its a difference maker. I've noticed lately there hasnt been as much of this, maybe some fans are learning.
Hype is just hype.
Another example is safety. Not a transfer........but Who was the most hyped get and most expected of our safety gets. NP Gates. Not farmer, not buford, not anyone else that will beat him out.
Who was more hyped Jackson Hanna or a walk on named Reimers.
yea, lots of times the hyped guys work out and lots of times they dont. Some day fans will realize that when a big name gets snagged, its nowhere near a guarantee hell be real good.
Toure was a big get and was a difference maker

Buried in their depth
The depth chart wasn't what you were saying, you were talking development at NU. I'm saying he didn't develop at what is commonly perceived to be a better school under what is commonly perceived to be better coaches.

Mentioned that earlier, not much thought was given to it.
The problem with these "big get" transfers is that they view themselves as we view them I think. They think they are coming from higher places to here like they are better than everyone here and don't put in the work to get on the field. Toure on the other hand came from an FCS school and look at what he did. Gotta find a way to motivate these guys

The problem with these "big get" transfers is that they view themselves as we view them I think. They think they are coming from higher places to here like they are better than everyone here and don't put in the work to get on the field. Toure on the other hand came from an FCS school and look at what he did. Gotta find a way to motivate these guys
If the love of the game is waning, and the types of plays arent there to keep it growing, it's up to each player to change that imo
There is no tomorrow, only today.

And you have established your opinions how? Im not sure I’ve ever seen him play. Certainly not enough to do any scouting so I’ll defer to you on that. but as a fan base we have at least moved on to the new crop of saviors to the point now that we are expecting another transfer (rightfully so in today’s college football) rather than a position battle come fall and perhaps into the season. Those days may be gone. Regardless of position I just hope tyreke and whomever he’s competing with can fight it out well into the season and afford us some depth. It will make us all better
It’s the same folks who judged Logan Smothers on one game, a game in which he played pretty damn well, and gave Nebraska a chance to win. ST blunders, crucial turnover, and the defense not getting a stop when necessary did them in. It was promising though.

Some survive HS transition to college, some excel like they did in HS.
With proven players from the portal you're basically eliminating this.

Gates needs some weight, said that last year.
Who’s proven? Thompson? Who else? The Alabama guys weren’t playing that much. Guys in front of them were better. It’s a crapshoot with older players that are unproven, just like HS players. Most of these guys weren’t entrenched starters, just guys on some big name teams with some potential. Marcus Washington has 25 career catches. Not saying these guys won’t work out, I’m hopeful they will, but certainly no guarantee either. The coaches have to use them right.

Last edited:

Who’s proven? Thompson? Who else? The Alabama guys weren’t playing that much. Guys in front of them were better. It’s a crapshoot with older players that are unproven, just like HS players. Most of these guys weren’t entrenched starters, just guys on some big name teams with some potential. Marcus Washington has 25 career catches. Not saying these guys won’t work out, I’m hopeful they will, but certainly no guarantee either. The coaches have to use them right.
I completely disagree. You have film on kids playing against kids who wouldnt make Div 3 roasters, vs film of guys playing P5 guys.
Depth and starting are both essential to your roster, even setting up timing for recruiting.
Feel free to disagree

I completely disagree. You have film on kids playing against kids who wouldnt make Div 3 roasters, vs film of guys playing P5 guys.
Depth and starting are both essential to your roster, even setting up timing for recruiting.
Feel free to disagree
I do disagree. Again, who’s proven other than Thompson? Again, not saying there aren’t some good players, I think there might be, but few are proven. There is a reason these cats transferred.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back