• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Twitter and Recruiting (now known as: Thread of Misinformation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely doubt any coach in the country would have been shocked or turned off by NU if Bo had been fired or if he had tendered his resignation. Four double digit regular season losses with the easiest schedule that I can remember along with Bo's transparent attempt to get whacked for easy buyout money wouldn't make NU look as bad as you want to paint it.

Thats because obviously they dont/didnt know what we know.

Give me a legitimate name for replacing him. You and I both know that a high school coach in Maine couldn't coach as well as Pelini. A fake punt is great when it works and the coach gets praised for doing it. If it doesn't work.... then comments like your's happen. Nature of the beast. That was mostly on the punter anyway. He was supposed to punt that once he saw a clear rush coming his way. You're probably correct though... it's not the best place to be trying a fake punt.

Sorry to jump in here...but a fake in that situation at your own 20 is idiotic 100% of the time. Whether you get it or not.

Never leave Boise for Nebraska.

And I guess we'll see what level of success he has at Washington. I really like him as a coach (and from what I can tell, as a person), but his connections are all in the PacNorwest. There's no indication he would have been an effective recruiter to Nebraska or competitor in the B10.

Plus, he went to a school where the coach resigned... I wonder what pause he would have taken in considering NU if we had fired someone with Pelini's record.

Wish him better luck than the last BSU head coach to leave for a bigger conference.

Sorry to jump in here...but a fake in that situation at your own 20 is idiotic 100% of the time. Whether you get it or not.

Yea, probably so. It's a real momentum killer when it doesn't work that's for sure... and it makes for an easy scoring opportunity for the other team. (They call me Mr. Obvious)

Yep, there are just some situations where a fake isn't a good idea. I will always remember John Mackovic running that pass play on 4th & 1 instead of punting in the 1996 Big 12 championship game. It worked out in the end, and he was praised for it, but that was just a dumb, bone-headed call at the time.

Sometimes you get lucky when you make a dumb call... most of the time you don't (Saban's decision not to kick a field goal from the 12 yard line in the 4th quarter vs. Auburn).

I sincerely doubt any coach in the country would have been shocked or turned off by NU if Bo had been fired or if he had tendered his resignation. Four double digit regular season losses with the easiest schedule that I can remember along with Bo's transparent attempt to get whacked for easy buyout money wouldn't make NU look as bad as you want to paint it.

You've got to be kidding me.

Never leave Boise for Nebraska.

And I guess we'll see what level of success he has at Washington. I really like him as a coach (and from what I can tell, as a person), but his connections are all in the PacNorwest. There's no indication he would have been an effective recruiter to Nebraska or competitor in the B10.

Plus, he went to a school where the coach resigned... I wonder what pause he would have taken in considering NU if we had fired someone with Pelini's record.

As much pause as it would take to exchange 4-mil from one hand to the other.

Some coaches like pressure....Others just get mad and blame fans and the media and the little dog toto

Stop the misinformation. This is not even the easiest schedule of the last 10 years.

And quit pretending you know that Bo was trying to go get fired. It's an absurd assertion of which you have zero actual evidence. In fact, his whole attitude and demeanor after finding out he'd be retained has shown he is happy to be at Nebraska, not disappointed he didn't get fired.

Stop the misinformation. This is not even the easiest schedule of the last 10 years.

And quit pretending you know that Bo was trying to go get fired. It's an absurd assertion of which you have zero actual evidence. In fact, his whole attitude and demeanor after finding out he'd be retained has shown he is happy to be at Nebraska, not disappointed he didn't get fired.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back