• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Twitter and Recruiting (now known as: Thread of Misinformation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prolly wanted him fired.

Yep, because we all know that being patient with Bo will automatically yield the same results being patient with TO did...just because. :rolleyes: Then again, we are dealing with the mindset that 4 double digit regular season losses with the easiest schedule in forever is "progress with the process."

Yep, because we all know that being patient with Bo will automatically yield the same results being patient with TO did.

Good thing no one claimed that in this thread.

Scarecrow_final001.jpg

I don't hate Pelini, I think he's a terrible coach and he and his entire staff has proved it over and over and over and over and......the same tiring blowouts, the same easy schedules losing to garbage teams and yet because some fans wanted him in 03 after his defenses were exposed as non adjusting and then Osborne picked him so we all have to roll over and praise his inept coaching and buddy hire dud staff. You could replace him with 95% of the high school coaches in Maine and they wouldn't try a fake punt down by 7 and pinned deep in year one, let alone year 6 as HC

Give me a legitimate name for replacing him. You and I both know that a high school coach in Maine couldn't coach as well as Pelini. A fake punt is great when it works and the coach gets praised for doing it. If it doesn't work.... then comments like your's happen. Nature of the beast. That was mostly on the punter anyway. He was supposed to punt that once he saw a clear rush coming his way. You're probably correct though... it's not the best place to be trying a fake punt.

Give me a legitimate name for replacing him. You and I both know that a high school coach in Maine couldn't coach as well as Pelini. A fake punt is great when it works and the coach gets praised for doing it. If it doesn't work.... then comments like your's happen. Nature of the beast. That was mostly on the punter anyway. He was supposed to punt that once he saw a clear rush coming his way. You're probably correct though... it's not the best place to be trying a fake punt.

Washington already hired him. You know, the guy who would never leave Boise St?

Washington already hired him. You know, the guy who would never leave Boise St?

Never leave Boise for Nebraska.

And I guess we'll see what level of success he has at Washington. I really like him as a coach (and from what I can tell, as a person), but his connections are all in the PacNorwest. There's no indication he would have been an effective recruiter to Nebraska or competitor in the B10.

Plus, he went to a school where the coach resigned... I wonder what pause he would have taken in considering NU if we had fired someone with Pelini's record.

Never leave Boise for Nebraska.

And I guess we'll see what level of success he has at Washington. I really like him as a coach (and from what I can tell, as a person), but his connections are all in the PacNorwest. There's no indication he would have been an effective recruiter to Nebraska or competitor in the B10.

Plus, he went to a school where the coach resigned... I wonder what pause he would have taken in considering NU if we had fired someone with Pelini's record.

I sincerely doubt any coach in the country would have been shocked or turned off by NU if Bo had been fired or if he had tendered his resignation. Four double digit regular season losses with the easiest schedule that I can remember along with Bo's transparent attempt to get whacked for easy buyout money wouldn't make NU look as bad as you want to paint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back