• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev's $450M plan still valid ??

The upper deck is I'm sure an effort to keep spectators closer to the field. It also probably helps trap noise better.

I'm all for individual seats, rather than bleachers. Bleacher seating often doesn't give you a good footprint to sit in.

I would be surprised if they just blindly continue with Trev's plan. Doesn't mean they'll scrap the plan, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets reworked. Price tag is pretty high and plan was going to take a long time. Bare minimum- it will be reviewed by the new AD.
I'll be curious to see what, if any, changes are made (or if it's scrapped altogether.) It will be an important indicator of how strongly the administration is "aligned" with the athletic department.

I'll be curious to see what, if any, changes are made (or if it's scrapped altogether.) It will be an important indicator of how strongly the administration is "aligned" with the athletic department.
The shrinking capacity and losing out on revenue from a large section of seats during construction might cause them to rethink how they handle it. I'm not sure if it is something that can be done in stages, but if it can't, they might opt for a plan that either keeps the overall capacity the same or can be completed faster.

The fact that you'll have a new AD and President makes me think they might want to make some changes, if for no other reason than to get credit for the stadium upgrades instead of Trev.

Here's the thing. Eventually south stadium will need to be replaced. The longer it takes for the project to get off the ground, the more the price tag will climb. I think there would be a lot less pushback if they didn't have to displace all those fans for a year. Would be nice if they could find a way to do all the necessary stuff under the stadium to prepare for the build so that they could at least get stands in place in an offseason, even if more or less temporary. But that makes demo much harder, longer, and expensive. I really think 20 years ago they should have just demoed the stadium and rebuilt. Play games in KC for 2 years or something. Yes that sucks, but in hindsight would have been the thing to do.
We should have done it 3 years ago so the fans would have found losing their seating as merciful.

The shrinking capacity and losing out on revenue from a large section of seats during construction might cause them to rethink how they handle it. I'm not sure if it is something that can be done in stages, but if it can't, they might opt for a plan that either keeps the overall capacity the same or can be completed faster.

The fact that you'll have a new AD and President makes me think they might want to make some changes, if for no other reason than to get credit for the stadium upgrades instead of Trev.
IIRC, Trev's plan loses about 2K seats. Selling beer at games, which I believe is inevitable at this point, will more than make up for revenue lost shrinking capacity.

I was thinking closer to 7,000
You're close than I was. As near as I can find out, capacity will go from current ~85K (capacity after adjusting seat size in 2017) to ~80K. Even if 7K, still easily made up in alcohol sales.

You're close than I was. As near as I can find out, capacity will go from current ~85K (capacity after adjusting seat size in 2017) to ~80K. Even if 7K, still easily made up in alcohol sales.
As someone with tickets in the south endzone, at risk of losing my seats, I'm fully in favor of a complete demolition and rebuild of the south stadium.

IIRC, Trev's plan loses about 2K seats. Selling beer at games, which I believe is inevitable at this point, will more than make up for revenue lost shrinking capacity.
Yeah, but ideally you gain that revenue without losing the other. I do think they'll be able to sell those tickets for more since they are seat back, and they'll have some suites which will go for higher. It might be a wash when you take that into consideration.

Yeah, but ideally you gain that revenue without losing the other. I do think they'll be able to sell those tickets for more since they are seat back, and they'll have some suites which will go for higher. It might be a wash when you take that into consideration.
definitely agree that seat backs are worth more. Part of the reason I don't attend many games anymore.

They'll make more money; just how much more is in question.

definitely agree that seat backs are worth more. Part of the reason I don't attend many games anymore.
There was a point in my life (college) where I'd be happy to sit pretty much anywhere or on anything. Nowadays, I'm liable to spend more for seats with better views, nicer amenities, and comfortable seating (within financial reason). There is no reason to not, at the very least, put better seating in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back