• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev's $450M plan still valid ??

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
New plan after Trev was leaving. What ya think ?? Myself, too high upper deck.

20240313_181317.thumb.jpg.6959200aba530cb8a18a1279444c0c8d.jpg

20240313_181320.thumb.jpg.4154413ac37cbbed588f26ae1ea9d468.jpg

20240313_181328.thumb.jpg.94aa44ce438bdaee67b46a5eb1af67b9.jpg

Just use Gooner's south stadium expansion ....

ou-football-coaches-share-photos-of-stadium-renovations.1469728990000.jpeg

5 years ago or so, my proposed plan. Similar to #1 post minus upper stratosphere deck.
TdcbBmj.png

wwZe1Iy.png

Notice closer to the action (second deck)

Last edited:

That $425M figure would likely balloon to $600M after it's all said and done. That is a lot of dough for a quarter of a stadium and a tough sell. I think the plan gets reigned in to a more realistic $250M.

That $425M figure would likely balloon to $600M after it's all said and done. That is a lot of dough for a quarter of a stadium and a tough sell. I think the plan gets reigned in to a more realistic $250M.
It wasn't just the South Stadium - which needs to be demolished - it was making the whole stadium better - bathrooms, making concession able to have beer & other food/drink, update bathrooms, make the stadium more handicap accessible, and then maybe add retail, restaurant, and hotel connected to the outside of the stadium.

Last edited:

Do what you have to do to give the fans more room, but don't reduce the overall capacity.
Diametrically opposed goals unless you build up. I don't think that was in the plan. (Frankly, it's hard to tell from the one drawing that I've seen. It does look like more luxury boxes would be added.)

Kansas moving full speed ahead on their $500 million in renovations, albeit home games this fall will be in KC

Hard to tell from drawings, but it looks to me like that adds a ton of new seats. I thought the objective is to improve facilities (restrooms, concessions, etc.) and provide more luxury boxes. Trev's plan acutally reduces seating.
yeah, that looks like they want to break 100k attendance....

cant imagine how someone cant come up with a plan that creates new box seats, keeeps everyone else in their seats, updates to ADA compliance, and gets the pressure off the sellout streak problems.

new stadiums start at a min $1.5B. All those examples were from before 2016. add in inflation and that $425m is about spot on. i think they will re-look at things and change some things and keep others. the AD will have the say in direction and that position has changed. maybe it gets a lower number. but 250, I don't see that. dont bother doing anything at that price because whatever they do will not be fixes, just work a rounds.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back