• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Seriously? We are worried that a very competent AD might leave to go to a better situation, and your solution is to fire him? This isn't the craziest idea I have heard, but I will give you bonus points for trying.
You're missing the point. TA has allowed this to go public. He didn't need to. He is, at a minimum, playing Nebraska, publicly. That is not showing respect.

If you want to leave, leave. If you think A&M is a better deal, take it. The message he is sending is that he is not committed to Nebraska. He could leave at any time if a better deal comes along.

The fact that he is considering a move in a very public way is concerning.

Last edited:

Don't care. TA has had all sorts of time to clarify his concerns, intent, wishes. The fact that he is allowing this to drag on, even for a few hours, is a slap in the face to Nebraska. I would call his bluff, if that is what it is, and dismiss him.
No. I think he's trying to move heaven and earth (NU administration), to get his stadium project off the schneid.

You're missing the point. TA has allowed this to go public. He didn't need to. He is, at a minimum, playing Nebraska.
He doesn’t need to play Nebraska he can just leave for Texas A&M for more money and probably less drama. If he was that cynical he’d be gone already.

He’s very likely trying to get the Board to get their heads out their asses.

You're missing the point. TA has allowed this to go public. He didn't need to. He is, at a minimum, playing Nebraska, publicly. That is not showing respect.
First off, we don't know who made it public. Could have been ADTA, my bet is that is wasn't. Regardless, I would have no issue with him doing that to "play" the regents--I think he has the best interest of Nebraska sports at heart and has been a great AD.

You're missing the point. TA has allowed this to go public. He didn't need to. He is, at a minimum, playing Nebraska.
Actually, you are missing the point. The reason this thread has already hit 20 pages is the angst people have over the possibility of his leaving. Your solution is to fire him, because you think (apparently without any evidence to back it up) he allowed it to go public. I hope he stays, but I respect that there may other factors at play, like salary or commitment from higher ups, that need to be worked out, and public statements right now would not help the situation.

Don't care. TA has had all sorts of time to clarify his concerns, intent, wishes. The fact that he is allowing this to drag on, even for a few hours, is a slap in the face to Nebraska. I would call his bluff, if that is what it is, and dismiss him.
Trev isn't the one who is getting their bluff called.

He's Deking the Regents to get them to move on his project.

They need to fill the Chancellor and President seats to move the Stadium project forward.
You really think he has that amount of power/influence? As others have said, there are several others out there that could be just as effective as TA in moving the program forward.

Next man up.

Actually, you are missing the point. The reason this thread has already hit 20 pages is the angst people have over the possibility of his leaving. Your solution is to fire him, because you think (apparently without any evidence to back it up) he allowed it to go public. I hope he stays, but I respect that there may other factors at play, like salary or commitment from higher ups, that need to be worked out, and public statements right now would not help the situation.
No, he is allowing it to stay public.

How many hours has it been since this broke and not a word from TA. At a minimum, he is playing Nebraska.

Play the game behind the scenes, knowing full well that what you are doing is likely to become public knowledge. Once it is, get off the fence.

Last edited:
I think some here are being too sensitive. This is business. TA is a very, very good business man. He has goals. Something is an obstacle to achievement of those goals that is requiring him to act like a big boy. He does this exceptionally well. The University needs to do the same. I feel the decision is theirs.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back