• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer Portal Part 2

Here is a list (in link below and pull down "Position" tab) of "transfer portal" RBs for the 2021 season. There has to be at least one qualified bigger back out there for Nebr., if so desired. Maybe that is the key point, "if so desired."

I don't know anything about Deondrick Glass (other than what is generally available via Internet) but the former Okie State player and 4 star recruit from Katy, TX was a 5'11", 215 Redshirt Freshman this last year. The last Okie State player (Damion Daniels) we got did pretty well for dear 'ol Nebraska U.

Last edited:

How about Markese Stepp from USC. He's from Indy and is big, 6ft, 235. I don't know anything about him but his size is someone one would think could move a pile forward to get a yard or 2 when needed. And he's from the midwest.

Played for a power house h.s. here in Indiana. Was originally committed to notre dame before decomit & ended up signing with USC didn't get a ton of carries while he was @ usc but had a dang good ypc his Redshirt frosh year. Has had some injuries...

Thank you
Thank you
Only one season to play? Doesn't make sense to me. Especially if there is little to no spring ball. seems to take at least half a season to get into the flow of the offense. Just my opinion.

How about Nw Bowser?
Pledger? makes some sense but not a replacement for a bruiser. they wanted him once but in the new "right" guys system is he still appealing?

Maybe Sevion is the guy. He looked physically capable-and he knows the system.

Only one season to play? Doesn't make sense to me. Especially if there is little to no spring ball. seems to take at least half a season to get into the flow of the offense. Just my opinion.

How about Nw Bowser?
Pledger? makes some sense but not a replacement for a bruiser. they wanted him once but in the new "right" guys system is he still appealing?

Maybe Sevion is the guy. He looked physically capable-and he knows the system.
Lets see how Sevion or Ervin work out, and Scott as well. Three unknowns, may not even look, dont know full assessments on those three, besides Mills decision

Lets see how Sevion or Ervin work out, and Scott as well. Three unknowns, may not even look, dont know full assessments on those three, besides Mills decision
We have no proven backs beyond Mills (who is most likely gone). We need depth. Experienced depth.

Last edited:
We have no proven backs beyond Mills (who is most likely gone). We need depth. Experienced depth.
Yes we do,and to an extent, the coaches know what they already have,my point here.
Getting another guy, from tape, likely better tape,better competition of course, but nothing proven.

It comes down to how they feel with what they have, and how itll pan out. We also have Johnson.
Im not privy to injury or sickness and have no connection with roster make up game day, so dont know why some werent on game day rosters.

Branch was a really good back in our local school district ... not looking up what he has done as a Tar Heel, but he was the main show at Kenwood HS IIRC.

Only one season to play? Doesn't make sense to me.
One season is less risk in terms of scholarship investment (maybe catch a little lightning in a bottle) and may not drive off some of the other backs on roster into the transfer portal.

Last edited:
I’ll be interested to see who we target, Morrison getting dinged up in fall camp and then dealing with covid hurt us as he was our #2 his style is different than any other backs we have ( Adrian Peterson style of running) and curious to see how well he puts and holds weight his frame he could go 6’1” 220lbs. If I had to pick out off the list really believe the Tennessee transfer would fit what we would ideally want.

We really need a guy who guarantees us 1 yard when we need it. A bruiser who can help in goal-line situations and short-yardage to extend drives and can block blitzing LB's. I don't care where we find that guy but he could help change the program.
If we truly had that, would we still run shotgun on 3rd and goal at the 2? That shotgun on 1st and goal (especially inside the 5) makes me want to pull my hair out!!

If we truly had that, would we still run shotgun on 3rd and goal at the 2? That shotgun on 1st and goal (especially inside the 5) makes me want to pull my hair out!!
Hold on, you don't like the goal to go situations where we get really cute and try inside shovel passes, slow developing zone read plays or QB draws from shotgun? I thought I was the only one who almost tears their TV off the wall during recent Husker games...

Hold on, you don't like the goal to go situations where we get really cute and try inside shovel passes, slow developing zone read plays or QB draws from shotgun? I thought I was the only one who almost tears their TV off the wall during recent Husker games...
OMG @Red Reign has shut down multiple threads on the recruiting board for people not following the rules yet you guys just can't help yourself. There are like 25 threads on how good or bad 2AM is on the Football Board. Please take this discussion there. This is supposed to be a discussion of guys we may or may not get in the transfer portal. Not what offense we should run and who should run it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back