• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Too soon, but...

1EEBF324-7820-4ECE-98E9-69E165443C75.gif

Of course it is an absurd topic. My hope and expectation is that we will see real progress next year. However, one cannot ignore the general lack of progress over the past three years.

There was a time when Nebraska could easily have poached a coach from any number of P5 programs, including Iowa State. But watching ISU, I got to wondering...would Campbell even give a second thought to Nebraska?

This is an absurd topic. If Nebraska fires Frost after the 2021 season, we'll probably be looking for a high school coach as a replacement.
Bull. No truth to that whatsoever. If Nebraska fires a coach with 4 consecutive losing seasons, they won’t be doing anything out of the ordinary. In fact, most places, you won’t get past 3 losing seasons in a row. The passion is still at Nebraska, so any coach worth his salt knows he has a shot. For 5 m +, there would be many guys who’d be interested.

All that said, I’m on the Frost train still and will remain so at least thru next season. I think, the U has no choice but to. Really need to see some major improvement in 2021, or it will get dicey. Just look at Iowa State, Iowa State. Let that sink in. They are a superior program right now.

Of course it is an absurd topic. My hope and expectation is that we will see real progress next year. However, one cannot ignore the general lack of progress over the past three years.

There was a time when Nebraska could easily have poached a coach from any number of P5 programs, including Iowa State. But watching ISU, I got to wondering...would Campbell even give a second thought to Nebraska?

No, we fire coaches who have had better seasons than every season he's had at ISU except one.

Bull. No truth to that whatsoever. If Nebraska fires a coach with 4 consecutive losing seasons, they won’t be doing anything out of the ordinary. In fact, most places, you won’t get past 3 losing seasons in a row. The passion is still at Nebraska, so any coach worth his salt knows he has a shot. For 5 m +, there would be many guys who’d be interested.

All that said, I’m on the Frost train still and will remain so at least thru next season. I think, the U has no choice but to. Really need to see some major improvement in 2021, or it will get dicey. Just look at Iowa State, Iowa State. Let that sink in. They are a superior program right now.

This. Noone’s going to bat an eye if 2021 goes the way the first three seasons did and Frost is asked to leave. That’s what happens in a lot of places after 4 losing seasons. Further, why wouldn’t someone take the job. Give it a shot, if you fail, you are set for life. If you succeed, you are set for life.

if a coach is nervous about the Nebraska job, it will be because of the task of trying to turn a program around, in a small population base, while playing the types of schedules that we have year in and year out. It’s tough to get momentum without wins. It’s tough to get wins in the B1G. But people take tough jobs all the time.

Hopefully, SF can catch some breaks next year and start winning some of those one score games so we never have to find out what other coaches might be interested In the job.

It's too bad that we didn't hire Gill when we had the chance, I'm not certain, I'm fairly positive that we wouldn't be shaking our heads at 4 losing seasons in a row and 5 out of 6 over all.

Watching how Alabama just shoved the ball down ND's throat the other night seriously made me miss our ground and pound game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back