• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommie Armstrong excited for trip to Lincoln: Will make decision after visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alonzo Moore also is a quarterback/WR so that would be another 'backup' option.....lets not forget Jammal Turner either....
I don't think Turner will move back as he will be such a force at WR and Martinez and Carnes are basically all the same class. He is an emergency QB only as he is only taking reps at WR NOW.

I don't disagree....just said he is an option....

I don't think Turner will move back as he will be such a force at WR and Martinez and Carnes are basically all the same class. He is an emergency QB only as he is only taking reps at WR NOW.

Alonzo Moore also is a quarterback/WR so that would be another 'backup' option.....lets not forget Jammal Turner either....

Yea, I figured Alonzo to be more of a WR option for us but maybe I'll go back and look at his film. From what I've read he seems to be a great athlete. Truthfully I don't know much about him.

the options available to a creative coach are enormous on this team.

There is an incredible emphasis on versatility in this class. We're looking at offensive athletes that could play a few positions, defensive ends and tackles that could back off the line, and linebackers with the size and speed to cover (ie as the Peso back) when needed.

There is an incredible emphasis on versatility in this class. We're looking at offensive athletes that could play a few positions, defensive ends and tackles that could back off the line, and linebackers with the size and speed to cover (ie as the Peso back) when needed.

I love it. We have had the athletes on the roster lately to do such things and it allowed us to be unpredictable (on defense at least) on how we would stop any given team. My favorite moment (game) last season was that first quarter of the Mizzou game seeing #34 standing and how we frustrated Blaine every time he attempted to get anything going for his team. It had me excited to what our team was going to produce in year 4 and 5 under the Pelinis.

He was a top flight quarterback who moved more into a WR role in 2010....and yes we are recruiting him as a WR....but as an emergency quarterback both he and Turner would have a clue if it got to that point....he has goen a bit under the radar as know film exists of him yet...

Yea, I figured Alonzo to be more of a WR option for us but maybe I'll go back and look at his film. From what I've read he seems to be a great athlete. Truthfully I don't know much about him.

He was a top flight quarterback who moved more into a WR role in 2010....and yes we are recruiting him as a WR....but as an emergency quarterback both he and Turner would have a clue if it got to that point....he has goen a bit under the radar as know film exists of him yet...

Yea, I guess that would explain it. I would think that since his move to WR was so recent there wouldn't be a whole lot of film showing his ability. Hats off to our staff for finding talent under rocks on all four corners of the country. I'll be patience to see what this kid has to offer.

[video]<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9YgPVIs1FHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Struggled in first game without Malcom Brown. At half he had -3 rushing and 2 lost fumbles....2nd half the Defense shut down Madison, Aaron Green's old HS and came back to win 35-28 after being down 28-14 at half.

Armstrong ended up with 85 rushing, 142 passing, 1 TD and 2 fumbles.

[video]<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9YgPVIs1FHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>[/video]

I'm not sure why, but I can't view the video. I thought it was because of the restrictions I have at work but when I went home it still wouldn't load.

Struggled in first game without Malcom Brown. At half he had -3 rushing and 2 lost fumbles....2nd half the Defense shut down Madison, Aaron Green's old HS and came back to win 35-28 after being down 28-14 at half.

Armstrong ended up with 85 rushing, 142 passing, 1 TD and 2 fumbles.

Yank the offer!!!!

Why? That is dumb just one game. Don't think that would be very smart....good thing you are not the coach.

I'm no mind reader and I'd hate to put words in someone's mouth but I think her might have been being sarcastic :) It wasn't a lights out game but it was the first game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back