• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommie Armstrong excited for trip to Lincoln: Will make decision after visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Free content story from 247.....I think he will be 'N'....this youngman has tons of potenital as a quarterback....

Armstrong said he followed Starling's situation very closely and said that although it wasn't going to make a huge impact on his interest in Nebraska either way, he's closer to making a decision now that Starling has.

Armstrong said he's narrowed his college options down to Nebraska and Southern Miss, and wants to make his final decision after checking out Lincoln on an official visit Sept. 17 for the Washington game.
"I want to come up to Nebraska on the 17th and watch the Washington game and take my time and get to know the coaches more, get to know the players more, see how everything clicks and hopefully make a decision after that," Armstrong said.

Much, much more here (worth a read);

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Artic...cruiting-QB-excited-for-trip-to-Lincoln-36332

Last edited:

Like I said before, he will be our main quarterback target with a couple of athletes (including Fuller) as the second options....

Thanks, RR. One "silver lining" from Bubba, hoping more to come.

RR, what is the chance of Fuller coming?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said before, he will be our main quarterback target with a couple of athletes (including Fuller) as the second options....

RR, you and I will be at odds on this until the very end. I personally see Fuller as a higher target than Armstrong.

In my eyes, the passing ability of each is above average - But neither substantially better than the other. In their film (attached at the bottom), they both show they can pass from the pocket and on the run. I particularly like Fuller's pass at the 2:04 mark. He's rolling out and throws against his body for a forty yard drop. Armstrong has his clips like that too. Armstrong definitely has more time under center, but I don't think that's a distinct advantage, or disadvantage for that matter, in comparing with Fuller to be a Nebraska QB. Each have the athleticism to be the mobile QB we're looking for.

I think it's running ability that sets the two apart, even if only slightly. Fuller just seems like a more natural runner, and definitely makes the cuts easier than Armstrong. However, I think it's safe to say that's because of the size difference. Armstrong is cited at 210, whereas Fuller is 185. Even if those numbers are off a bit, that's a significant difference. Watch the tapes and it won't be hard to see. Fuller tries to go around everyone while Armstrong is more of a powerful runner.

Both of them are damn good athletes, and I would love to see both of them "N." As of right now, I'd say we're set with Armstrong but still have little ways to go on Fuller. He's simply going to be hard to pull from Penn State and Rutgers as they're so much closer to home. But with a good visit and a little more output from our offense this year, he can be ours to lose. My biggest concern with Armstrong is getting his commit soon. I genuinely believe his name will pop up more and more as the season progresses. Even if he's not putting up 50 touchdowns, winning games in Texas speaks volumes.

FEEL FREE TO MUTE THE VIDEOS BEFORE PLAYING. :)

Fuller Tape:
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CzJlKcbDVmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Armstrong Tape:
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JgwuqhRW4q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

It's difficult to compare the strength of the competition but Texas does have quite a reputation.

It's difficult to compare the strength of the competition but Texas does have quite a reputation.

There's no doubt that in terms of competition - Texas is significantly better than New Jersey. I don't think anyone will argue that, and I think many would be willing to admit that New Jersey's talent level definitely increases Fuller's stats.

I hope they both end up with N on their helmet. More than that, thanks guys (RR and Born tobered) for keeping us up-to-date on recruiting.

Yeah I guess we will.....Armstong to me is the quarterback in this class and I also think getting Fuller out of NJ is going to be real tough....I see him eventually as a WR/Wingback sort of athlete....Armstrong has the better arm and its pretty much acknowledged the better upside as a quarterback....

I honestly don't see us landing Fuller...and frankly, if we get Armstrong, I would be happy because as I said he is the best option right now for us as a true quarterback....

RR, you and I will be at odds on this until the very end. I personally see Fuller as a higher target than Armstrong.

In my eyes, the passing ability of each is above average - But neither substantially better than the other. In their film (attached at the bottom), they both show they can pass from the pocket and on the run. I particularly like Fuller's pass at the 2:04 mark. He's rolling out and throws against his body for a forty yard drop. Armstrong has his clips like that too. Armstrong definitely has more time under center, but I don't think that's a distinct advantage, or disadvantage for that matter, in comparing with Fuller to be a Nebraska QB. Each have the athleticism to be the mobile QB we're looking for.

I think it's running ability that sets the two apart, even if only slightly. Fuller just seems like a more natural runner, and definitely makes the cuts easier than Armstrong. However, I think it's safe to say that's because of the size difference. Armstrong is cited at 210, whereas Fuller is 185. Even if those numbers are off a bit, that's a significant difference. Watch the tapes and it won't be hard to see. Fuller tries to go around everyone while Armstrong is more of a powerful runner.

Both of them are damn good athletes, and I would love to see both of them "N." As of right now, I'd say we're set with Armstrong but still have little ways to go on Fuller. He's simply going to be hard to pull from Penn State and Rutgers as they're so much closer to home. But with a good visit and a little more output from our offense this year, he can be ours to lose. My biggest concern with Armstrong is getting his commit soon. I genuinely believe his name will pop up more and more as the season progresses. Even if he's not putting up 50 touchdowns, winning games in Texas speaks volumes.

Fuller Tape:
<iframe height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CzJlKcbDVmQ" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Armstrong Tape:
<iframe height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JgwuqhRW4q4" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Armstrong plays against the top competition in the state of Texas and that says quite a bit if you know much about Texas football....I would venture to say its better overall than football in New Jersey.....

Fuller Tape:
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CzJlKcbDVmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Armstrong Tape:
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JgwuqhRW4q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'm with you BTBR. Fuller IMO is a better prospect at the position (I can never get bored of watching his film) but from everything I'm reading I'm thinking that we are very close to getting Armstrong and have some obstacles to overcome to gain Fuller. Also, I'm thinking that if Fuller does commit sometime soon, like after his visit, it may kill our chances at landing Fuller.**

Question for you RR, has Fuller mentioned that he would only play at QB or would he be willing to move to the slot. I love his athleticism and wonder if we can take him as an ATH. I didnt realize he was that much smaller than Armstrong. Almost 30 lbs. I'm thinking if he does choose to come to Lincoln with his size, we would probably see him with a similar work of Jamal Turner rather than Brion Carnes.

Dread - do you mean if Fuller commits soon it will lessen our chances for landing Armstrong? (vice Fuller as above)

Yes he wants to play QB....other schools are recruiting him for other positions...I'll say again, as purely a QB, Armstrong in my opinion is the better choice...Beck loves Armstrong as a QB....

I would think if he commits to Nebraska he will end up like Turner at another position...

I'm with you BTBR. Fuller IMO is a better prospect at the position (I can never get bored of watching his film) but from everything I'm reading I'm thinking that we are very close to getting Armstrong and have some obstacles to overcome to gain Fuller. Also, I'm thinking that if Fuller does commit sometime soon, like after his visit, it may kill our chances at landing Fuller.**

Question for you RR, has Fuller mentioned that he would only play at QB or would he be willing to move to the slot. I love his athleticism and wonder if we can take him as an ATH. I didnt realize he was that much smaller than Armstrong. Almost 30 lbs. I'm thinking if he does choose to come to Lincoln with his size, we would probably see him with a similar work of Jamal Turner rather than Brion Carnes.

Yes he wants to play QB....other schools are recruiting him for other positions...I'll say again, as purely a QB, Armstrong in my opinion is the better choice...Beck loves Armstrong as a QB....

I would think if he commits to Nebraska he will end up like Turner at another position...

Well, I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for both to come in. Are there any other guys we are looking at behind these two? I think I remember seeing another guy mention sometime in the Spring but don't really remember too much about him. Then again, we aren't really struggling for kids at QB either.

Alonzo Moore also is a quarterback/WR so that would be another 'backup' option.....lets not forget Jammal Turner either....

Well, I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for both to come in. Are there any other guys we are looking at behind these two? I think I remember seeing another guy mention sometime in the Spring but don't really remember too much about him. Then again, we aren't really struggling for kids at QB either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back