• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TJ Bollers conversation Thread

Yep, you're absolutely correct. SEC may be the most talented conference, but top to bottom, I think the B1G has the most parity. To win consistently like those Nebraska teams did, they're going to have to be way closer to mid 90's teams than most other years when they fielded enough talent and overall team depth that would wear opponents out by the end of the 3rd quarter. It was a perfect combination of an offense that wore down the other defense, while keeping its own defense fresh, run by a doctor of the human mind, understanding both how to empower his team while dominating the opponent into submission. What a beautiful thing we were witness to for so many years. We were listening to an orchestra perform during a ballet in the middle of a chess match. I really miss it.

YEAH, I REMEMBER JOHN DENVER'S 1ST CONCERT AT THE RED ROCKS THEATRE UP IN THE MOUNTAINS, WHEN HE SANG, "ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH," FOR THE 1ST TIME. LITTLE DID JOHN'S FANS OR THE BUFFS' FANS KNOW THAT JOHN WAS ALREADY ENJOYING THE BENEFITS OF THE "REAL" ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH IN REAL TIME, RUMOUR HAS IT!

Yep, you're absolutely correct. SEC may be the most talented conference, but top to bottom, I think the B1G has the most parity. To win consistently like those Nebraska teams did, they're going to have to be way closer to mid 90's teams than most other years when they fielded enough talent and overall team depth that would wear opponents out by the end of the 3rd quarter. It was a perfect combination of an offense that wore down the other defense, while keeping its own defense fresh, run by a doctor of the human mind, understanding both how to empower his team while dominating the opponent into submission. What a beautiful thing we were witness to for so many years. We were listening to an orchestra perform during a ballet in the middle of a chess match. I really miss it.
To add to that; the 90’s team had an upper-level or even supreme-level resolve to win in my humble opinion. Resolve can overcome talent many times. Take for example the “miracle on ice” You know damn well the Russians had way more talent than the Americans. But the difference was in the want to, the resolve to win. That my friends was the difference. Prior to the glory years of Nebraska football there where some mighty excellent teams with comparable talent, so what was the difference?

The old Big 8 was like playing 6 teams a little better than South Alabama most years. Nebraska basically had at least 5 gimmies in conference every year and usually 6 couple that with 2 more gimmies in non conference.
All conferences were like that. The BIG, Ohio State and Michigan, the SEC was basically Alabama and the PAC was USC and occasionally UCLA or Washington. It wasn’t just the Big 8. the Big 8 had years where other teams were quite good, just like some other conferences. As a whole though, it wasn’t just the Big 8 that had weak teams at times, it was all conferences.

I think with social media, etc., players (and coaches) do too much "surfing on the 'net'," in order to attempt to psych the other player/coach/team "out." Players walk into the stadium; they are in/out the bus; out of the bus; and;, after the game is over, they hook back up with social media. They walk side-by-side with other players/coaches and, instead of giving and receiving support from one another, they look to others "outside the team/Husker nation" to validate themselves. With social distancing likely being around for the rest of many of our lives, players and coaches won't even be able to be close to one another--anywhere--HOW DOES THAT BUILD CAMRADERIE/TEAMWORK????????

SORRY for the repetition, above--"out of the bus!" IT HAPPENS when you become older, if you are graced enough to live a long and full life!

I'm starting to feel like we have no recruiting momentum right now, especially with our key local and regional targets.

I'm starting to feel like we have no recruiting momentum right now, especially with our key local and regional targets.
Looking at the current recruiting rankings I'd have to agree. We deserve the slow start after the play last year. I'm fully on board but another rough year and the task gets very difficult. Having said that, we are what we are and SF is going to be here a long time imo. I think the coaching carousel is over in Lincoln.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back