• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TJ Bollers conversation Thread

Wisconsin is definitely the front runner for the time being. He has great relationships with the coaches and loves the academics Madison offers. But he's also planning on taking his officials so there's still time to change his mind. Remember Benhart was favored to go to Wisconsin for a long time too. I think NU is running second right now but there's a lot of competition including out of region schools like Bama and Cal.

Was in Des Moines yesterday and talking to one of our Iowa City area reps, he says from what he’s hearing Bollers is waiting on Stanford to offer

Malik Reed, Kaden Johnson...TJ Bollers. Get ready for another nut punch
At this point it's not a surprise. Heck, even as a long time Husker fan, I'd probably pick Wiscy now as well. Player development has been pretty mediocre at Nebrasaka for a long time.

In general, my confidence in Scott is withering. He’s our coach and I think we will get us to the right place, but man, were we really THAT bad when he took over?
I've followed CFB for all my life and, as much as I hate to say it, YES, we were that bad. IMO, and I have given this some deep thought, if Frost would of came in after Bo, we would, again, IMO, be way above where we are now. I would of had ZERO problem with Bo continuing as HC, but ONLY if he could legitimately curb his negative emotions (which we know he couldn't). But give the man credit, his players played hard for him and I believe Frost, with is personality, could of at least kept the play going at that level. When Riley came in, face it, players got softer and softer. I will use OT Gates as the perfect example....good as a FR but got steadily softer (also includes weaker,imo) as he got older....and there are other players, just not going to name them all, who regressed....it was no coincidence that Riley's best years were the early years with Bo's players and the play got worse and worse as time went on. AGAIN, all JMO!

Last edited:
Emotions, like feelings, are neither negative or positive. What we choose to exhibit to others, as far as emotions and feelings are concerned, can be perceived by others as being, "good or bad" behaviour. I am so tired of hearing, "so and so, creates 'drama'." The drama that is created has alot more to do with us, than it does with the "other person." I'm just sayin!!!!!!!! BO was the man--but his "style" of exhibiting his "manliness," became "offputting" to some. Not to me. I wish he was baaaaaaaaaaack!

I look at the teams that were fielded throughout the 80s and 90s for perspective when trying to determine how "good" a Nebraska team is. I haven't seen anything since Suh's last year that would compare to most of those teams. It's unfortunate that Martinez was not a year older and could have been running the offense in 09. I think if you combine that defense and the next years offense, you've got a pretty competitive team. These last few teams look weak, overwhelmed and confused. That was the beauty of the continuity that TO ran with for years. It really made the difference to why the man had 255 wins. Lack of consistency has had as much impact as anything as to why the product on the field has looked so mediocre. WAY TOO MUCH TURNOVER/NO CONSISTENCY = what we've seen the past 6 years. It will get better, just takes time.

I look at the teams that were fielded throughout the 80s and 90s for perspective when trying to determine how "good" a Nebraska team is. I haven't seen anything since Suh's last year that would compare to most of those teams. It's unfortunate that Martinez was not a year older and could have been running the offense in 09. I think if you combine that defense and the next years offense, you've got a pretty competitive team. These last few teams look weak, overwhelmed and confused. That was the beauty of the continuity that TO ran with for years. It really made the difference to why the man had 255 wins. Lack of consistency has had as much impact as anything as to why the product on the field has looked so mediocre. WAY TOO MUCH TURNOVER/NO CONSISTENCY = what we've seen the past 6 years. It will get better, just takes time.

All you say is true. I don't want to take anything away from the Nebraska teams of the late 70's and most of the 80's, but the competition was pretty lacking for most of those years. The old Big 8 was like playing 6 teams a little better than South Alabama most years. Nebraska basically had at least 5 gimmies in conference every year and usually 6 couple that with 2 more gimmies in non conference.

There is a lot more decent teams right now. You have to show up every week to play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back