• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The vocal minority…….

I guess its good I'm not on Twitter, but have seen some screen shots of Twitter posts and they are all positive. Am I really missing out on a bunch of negativity or is this a strawman thread where everyone can feel good about themselves by posting how they are more intelligent and better fans than "those other guys"?

Is not being enthused about Rhule being negative?
No, but running around to message boards, twitter, and other platforms to share your negative opinion would be. My post wasn’t directed at I’m underwhelmed by this hire guy. It’s burn it down b/c I didn’t get what I want guy or unwarranted emotional hire guy.

I guess its good I'm not on Twitter, but have seen some screen shots of Twitter posts and they are all positive. Am I really missing out on a bunch of negativity or is this a strawman thread where everyone can feel good about themselves by posting how they are more intelligent and better fans than "those other guys"?
I’m not suggesting I’m intelligent, just that those people are unintelligent. The inability to look at facts and so some research before proclaiming stupid crap like Callahan 2.0. The “vocal minority” no matter what the subject is almost always an idiot with emotion being the only thing taken into account with their analysis.

Attachments

• B4506DBC-0314-4C7A-A1D8-CB74A5DCF7FE.png
    B4506DBC-0314-4C7A-A1D8-CB74A5DCF7FE.png
    805.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
No, but running around to message boards, twitter, and other platforms to share your negative opinion would be. My post wasn’t directed at I’m underwhelmed by this hire guy. It’s burn it down b/c I didn’t get what I want guy or unwarranted emotional hire guy.

I'm fine with Rhule.

He wasn't my number 1 going into the 'Search', largely because he was still employed.

I get those who aren't going to name their next kid 'Rhule', but this is almost universally looked at as a good hire in the circles we should actually care about. Having ass pain because we didn't get 'Coach X' and running their mouths and fingers about it is really helpful.

We beat Iowa yesterday and screwed up their B1G CCG aspirations and hired a new coach today.

Husker life is good.

Without knowing what you’re specifically referring to, generally speaking, I have no problem with anyone weighing in with whatever opinion they might have.

These people who think “real fans” are never critical or that we all have to pull in the same direction or row the boat or whatever. I feel like they’re the same people who think we lost because they didn’t wear their lucky underwear.

I don’t mean to be harsh but I find it a childish worldview. We can debate a play call, mismanaged timeout, or coaching hire, and it doesn’t make you a bad fan.

are really dropping a Cleveland steamer on the whole most knowledgeable fan base premise. The level of ignorance on the message boards and twitter is embarrassing. Typing with one hand could get frustrating though. Having to choose between cleaning cheetoh dust or lotion from your keyboard would cause some angst.
This thread is a Chicago Sunroof.

I don’t mean to be harsh but I find it a childish worldview. We can debate a play call, mismanaged timeout, or coaching hire, and it doesn’t make you a bad fan.

100%.

We can and do debate all of those things.

When we have people who aren't debating, but taking every opportunity to tear down (insert topic of conversation here), then it becomes something less than debate and something more like a demanded reckoning with a required predetermined result. It might not make them bad fans, but it does, as EBR intimated, dbags.

Without knowing what you’re specifically referring to, generally speaking, I have no problem with anyone weighing in with whatever opinion they might have.

These people who think “real fans” are never critical or that we all have to pull in the same direction or row the boat or whatever. I feel like they’re the same people who think we lost because they didn’t wear their lucky underwear.

Obviously I love a debate and don’t believe questioning our team or coaches makes you a bad fan. I’d be the last to say that. The point of a debate is to convince the opposition that you’re right. Stating your negative opinion without any substance or facts over and over again isn’t debating. The why you feel this way is a necessary component. If you can’t justify your own opinion in my opinion you’re an idiot or at the very least ignorant.

Last edited:

By stating that a 47-43 college record HC is a great hire is as speculative as saying that a 47-43 college record HC will be a bust.

It is crystal ball thing that none of us have.

I respect that some believe him to be a great hire as I respect those that believe he may not be.

I personally have closely followed, lived and died this program since the Sun Bowl in 1969.

I will, as I know others will, live and die (good and bad) support this hire like we always have.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back