• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The realignment thread

Big 12 was never going to be the preeminent conference because it lacked population for TV markets, its football teams could never over come this.
Dallas
Houston
Kansas City
St Louis
Denver

These were just not going to over whelm the people trying to sell ad revenue when you compare it to:
New York
Baltimore
Atlanta
Miami
Chicago
New Orleans
I'm not sure I understand this comparison. What conference are you comparing the Big 12s foot print too? As best as I can tell those cities are in 3 different conferences.

have a question been seeing some talk of sec talking to Ohio state and Michigan. Why would they ever leave

My initial reaction was that this was the catalyst for super conferences. Now I think the Big 12 adds Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati and UCF and everyone else stands pat.

Seems like the Big 12 folding is the ultimate power grab opportunity for the Big 10. Take OSU, Tech, Iowa State, K-State, and...I guess...KU, and there's your super conference. Negotiate low payouts with the newbies for 5 years, re-do your media deal, and money would be falling from trees. The Big 10 has a solid footprint in TX and the lower midwest. When else are you going to have a bunch of apples on the ground such as this?

Seems like a pretty stout answer to what the SEC is putting together.
They have NU’s number, just like Wisconsin does.
To be clear it’s nothing like Wisconsin having our #. It got the point we’re Texas was clear better team and beat Nebraska but the Cornhuskers were with our a doubt the better team for half a decade until we “gravitated to mediocrity”. Wisconsin have Nebraska’s number is much like the busker had Kansas or Kansas st number

They wouldn't. They control the BIG---they would be second fiddle in the SEC.
That’s what I was thinking but seen quite a few articles stating sec was talking to them. Just can’t see the benefit of the move for them. They have a seat at the playoffs already and the money won’t be any better so just don’t see the appeal thought maybe I was missing something

I just want to say, thanks Texas. It has to suck knowing that you alone, created a lot of this transition because of your desire to be king. Texas once again started the dominos falling, just like they did with Arkansas leaving the old SWC, and Nebraska, A&M, Colorado, and Mizzou leaving the Big 12. That program, Texas, is a destructive entity, cancerous to almost anything it comes in contact with. Thanks again, now, it will ensure you suck for a long time being in the SEC.
Pal you really think Texas listens to anything from a 1-9 opponent?

My initial reaction was that this was the catalyst for super conferences. Now I think the Big 12 adds Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati and UCF and everyone else stands pat.
Is the Big 12 still a power 5 conference, with that configuration? If So, Oklahoma State would have a sweet setup. Even if it was, I think pretty certainly it would be short lived, as this expansion won’t be done with.

Michigan is a brainiac University…they are real proud of that. The SEC wouldn’t not be a good fit for them.
But in Ohio, football is king. Yes, I know they are a very good school academically, but they very much care about football, athletics. It’s the Buckeye state. Winning is important to them. Ohio State would hold their own in the SEC. They already recruit with the best, it could get even better within a league like that. They’d be no pushover for sure.

Can’t say the same about OU, Oklahoma doesn’t have 14 million people in its state, and now, the SEC teams will be full bore after the Texas recruits they would have probably gotten. They’ll wind up like Auburn, or less. Their fans will see, just like Nebraska fans did, It’s not as easy as it appears while in the transit phase. You got big’ol low hangers, until you don’t. You gonna dominate, until you get punched in the face. I look forward to it. And for 15 m less, they could have wrote their own ticket, been king, and make the playoffs on the regular. Enjoy.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back