• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Oklahoma State comprehensive football thread

He’s already 4-0. Went to Boise and won. Boise’s record at home is best in FBS. Then he dismantled undefeated K State by halftime.

Folks keep bagging on Gundy, and he just keeps winning. Does more with less than anyone in the country.
All time hire right there. Les Miles started at Okie State too. Some places have a knack for hiring coaches.

Not so sure about that...if you include BYU and Cincinnati, the Big 12 has 6 teams in the top 25 - more than any other conference except the SEC with 7. OU and Texas aren't even ranked. The Big 12 is a bigger boy league than the Big 10, top to bottom. Not even a question. The pre-season, non-conference games for the Big 10 were downright embarrassing.

The Big 12 will be fine. Might be operating with half of the dollars of the Big 10 and SEC, but the $$$ disparity in college football has been around for quite a long time now.

If riches translated into nattys, Notre Dame and Texas would be playing each other every year.
There's going to be 32 teams in the SEC and BigTen. That's 2,720 players. There's more than that to go around.

I think a big question for any coach looking at Nebraska is, can they still win big? I don’t know the answer to that. I recall Mike Gundy, himself, talking about the Nebraska situation once, with regard to conference realignment. Basically said he thought Nebraska’s move to the Big 10 ended their recruiting in Texas, and that the program wasn’t the same as a result. That’s been a few years, but the point might be a valid one.

IMO we can still win big. We just need to find the secret sauce. We have the resources and the will. We have NIL advantages relative to other Midwest schools. But yeah I agree losing the Texas pipeline was rough.

IMO we can still win big. We just need to find the secret sauce. We have the resources and the will. We have NIL advantages relative to other Midwest schools. But yeah I agree losing the Texas pipeline was rough.
I recall thevTexas recruiting issue was raised, and then was roundly poo poo’d, when the move to the Big 10 was announced.

I had some hope that the Big 10 would grab aTm and Texas instead of the LA schools. That would have helped us get back into Texas, which we really need.

Last edited:
Start of the 2nd. OSU up 17-7. This will be a track meet, but I think OSU gets a stop or two more than TCU from the look of things.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back