• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Oklahoma State comprehensive football thread

That’s pretty interesting. Who would have ever thought all of those schools are far that ahead of Nebraska?
To my knowledge, the only time we've been highly ranked in the CFP poll was the first poll of 2016, when we ranked #10 (post OT loss to Wisconsin).

Can't same I'm surprised by the list (other than Baylor being on it so many times, maybe). But, it does show that getting back to that level (at some point) is attainable for our program.

Well shucks. Ol' Gundy hauled in seven (7) 4 star recruits today. Best class since 2008. I guess the Big 12 survives after all.

Boomer.
Yeah and did you read the story in the Oklahoman about him having an agent, which he denied of course, making overtures to Florida before they filled their head coaching position?

Or the story today about how osu can’t pay assistants like the big boys can?

Ol’ Mike still has one conference title in 17 years. And osu has 2 conference titles since joining the Big 7 making it the Big 8 in 1959.

Football at it’s best. :Rolf:

Sooner!

Last edited:
Yeah and did you read the story in the Oklahoman about him having an agent, which he denied of course, making overtures to Florida before they filled their head coaching position?

Ol’ Mike still has one conference title in 17 years. And osu has 2 conference titles since joining the Big 7 making it the Big 8 in 1959.

Sooner!
Dude, he’s about maxed out that program. He’s won, a lot, for them. They’ve never been at this level in their history. He fields mostly competitive teams. He’s a good coach, regardless of his record against OU. For you to be bagging on him is pretty sad. You know where that program has been.

Sooner!

ok boomer

Sooner!

Let's see... Oklahoma lost its head coach and is hemorrhaging previously "committed" recruits to USC. Better quickly do something to redirect the attention elsewhere.

I doubt the (realistic) expectation at Oklahoma State is to win the Big XII every season. The Cowboys are in a similar situation to Michigan State, playing 2nd fiddle to a blue blood in-state rival. It is what it is. Let's see how Oklahoma fares once it joins the SEC and has to compete against several programs with greater (or equal) tradition and resources.

Let's see... Oklahoma lost its head coach and is hemorrhaging previously "committed" recruits to USC. Better quickly do something to redirect the attention elsewhere.

I doubt the (realistic) expectation at Oklahoma State is to win the Big XII every season. The Cowboys are in a similar situation to Michigan State, playing 2nd fiddle to a blue blood in-state rival. It is what it is. Let's see how Oklahoma fares once it joins the SEC and has to compete against several programs with greater (or equal) tradition and resources.
And yet according to Rivals we had a Top Fifteen Class. Go figure.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back