• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked the final push till NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard some of the UA speculation on Fuller....also heard the opposite....guess we will find out...:)

Goodman apparently sticking with ASU. Speculation that Fuller is Arizona bound.

I already have Seisay counted as on scholarship and 17 left. They should be able to count him against the previous class and not consider that against our budget for this year?? (not sure on that)

With that, I revised your numbers to reflect the verbal commitments vs. scholarships. 17 limit + 3 possible oversigns

11-alexander...ATH
12-whitaker...OG
13-cross...RB
14-moore*...ATH
15-valentine*...DT
16-shelton...CB
17-peat*...OT
??????
-------------------

goodman...OL
ford*...CB
curry...DT
bourque...RB
bush-loo...TE

Red,

as an English teacher, your incorrect use of "their" and "there" drives me crazy.

RR. It's working!

Love you're:eek: use of the language (laughing with you, not at you).

I don't know how many times I've been typing along and find I've used 'Your' instead of 'You're.'

(I really should know better; But what do I know? I'm a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal!)

:Biggrin::eek::lol::cool:

Oh I know...and the wife gets on me and reminds me I have an MA.....and I always say 'so whats that got to do with it' and she just laughs and shakes her head...:)

RR. It's working!

Love you're:eek: use of the language (laughing with you, not at you).

I don't know how many times I've been typing along and find I've used 'Your' instead of 'You're.'

(I really should know better; But what do I know? I'm a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal!)

Red,

I love what you do for this board, and I don't mean this as negative in any way. I think that you're one of the most respected and valuable posters on this board; however, as an English teacher, your incorrect use of "their" and "there" drives me crazy. "There" refers to a place or point. "Their"refers to a group of people. I know you're very well educated, so it bothers me even more. Again, I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I'm sure I'll get torn apart for this, but that was not my intention.

While we're bagging on Red (and I love you too Red so please don't get offended)......Would it kill you to end a thought with a single period Red? I've been waiting for you to finish this sentence for a year and a half now:stickouttongue:

One thing I have noticed from this board is that Husker fans dont seem to like Lane Kiffin. I dont know if being out of the Husker family has kept me from the reason for this? Anyways, I wonder what fans would think of him if he pulled off the upset and signed Peat. While I agree that he is a heavy lean and IMO a 85% Husker, you never really know. I do know that Lane Kiffin, Ed Orgeron and Joe Barry can recreuit with anyone in the entire country.

Why do Husker fans already seem to hate Lane Kiffin?

Compared to Tennessee fans? Compared to the Oakland Raiders? Or anybody else that has ever had dealings with him?

I would say that Nebraska fans' attitude toward Lane Kiffin is fairly tepid compared to the National perception of him.

Last edited:
Nope....the ......'s are my signature....have been doing it for as long as I can remember....that way I don't have to make a complete sentence...:) :)

I do it in e-mails...letters and on here...and in PMs....just something that has evolved and sorry I won't change it. However, here is another just for you. And a another.

I also only print in letters....never use cursive.....even my signature is printed....in a neat sort of way...:)

:) :)

Offended.....me.....nah....:)

Rochester....great place...my late older sister lived there for many years.....got her BA at U of R...

While we're bagging on Red (and I love you too Red so please don't get offended)......Would it kill you to end a thought with a single period Red? I've been waiting for you to finish this sentence for a year and a half now:stickouttongue:

Last edited:

To answer your question, because he cheats. He was on a staff busted by the NCAA, he committed numerous violations in only a single year at Tennessee and he was completely classless with the way he dealt with leaving TU. Other than being as slimy as Petrino he's a great piece of garbage. Even though his dad was a respected member of Bob's staff here that doesn't give him a free pass.

The NCAA investitgation into USC was based around its football (Reggie Bush), men’s basketball (OJ Mayo) and women’s tennis (Gabriela Niculescu) programs. Among the report’s findings concerning Bush, the NCAA detailed "18 specific instances of violations by the running back and his family. Based largely on the relationship with several marketing agents, the violations included multiple cash payments, a house for Bush’s parents, an automobile outfitted with rims and a stereo system, airfare, hotel stays, limousine service, meals, auto repairs, clothing, furniture and appliances." Nothing to do with the coaches.

Former USC RBs coach Todd McNair fell under some criticism though and eventually was no longer with the sfaff. Said the report, “[McNair] knew or should have known that [Bush] and [New Era Sports marketing agents] were engaged in violations that negatively affected [Bush’s] amateurism status. The assistant football coach provided false and misleading information to the enforcement staff concerning his knowledge of [the marketing agents’] activity and also violated NCAA legislation by signing a document certifying that he had no knowledge of NCAA violations.â€

Lane Kiffin did nothing wrong in redards to the sanctions being enforced at USC. If he did, why would a new AD hire him to be their coach while under investigation?

I can agree that his departure from Tennessee was very ugly. His tenure their was tumultuous at times and he acted very immaturely as well. I personally chalk that up to his age, really. When he was hired as the head coach of the Oakland Raiders, he was the youngest (31) head coach in the NFL's modern era (1946). When he was coach at Tennessee, he was the youngest (34) active head coach in the NCAA FBS ranks. He left for his dream job. He was an assistant at USC from 2001-2006. He has not been out of line since taking over the USC job. He seemed to save all of his mistakes and antics for his one year at Tennessee.

IMHO he is a very bright coach with a tremendous offensive mind. A coach who can do one thing as well as if not better than anyone else in the entire country, and thats recruit. That shows me that he connects with kids and their parents. Husker fans know as much as anyone that you gotta sell the parents too. He can sell his philosophy and university. His recruits (team) like him and will play hard for him. All reports indicate as much from Pasadena as well. USC has done a tremendous job on the playing field and on the recruiting grounds. USC is an early pick for #1 in 2012 and for good reason.

When he took over the USC job it was less than 3 weeks till signing day. He secured 6 more commitments in that time from five 4**** and one 5*****. The USC class was #1. The NCAA's findings report comes out 4 mos. later, USC is hit with their sanctions. Some upperclassmen take advantage of the "free transfer" and leave. Kiffin still recruits the #4 class the next year (2011). This past year, a young talented USC team finished 10-2 and ranked #6 in the AP poll and would normally have played Oregon (a team they beat 11/19) for the Pac 12 Champ. and would have played in a BCS Bowl regardless. This year with a smaller class of 15, they will still be top 5-10. Lane Kiffin has some growing up to do and some learning on the job, no doubt. I guess I just have a different view of him. I think he is a coach on the rise who will only get better at what he does.

Nope....the ......'s are my signature....have been doing it for as long as I can remember....

Now that I know you're aware of it, it won't get me riled up as much.

I've been in the Roc for 4 years now. Probably gonna be a couple more, but then it will time to move back west I think.

The NCAA investitgation into USC was based around its football (Reggie Bush), men’s basketball (OJ Mayo) and women’s tennis (Gabriela Niculescu) programs. Among the report’s findings concerning Bush, the NCAA detailed "18 specific instances of violations by the running back and his family. Based largely on the relationship with several marketing agents, the violations included multiple cash payments, a house for Bush’s parents, an automobile outfitted with rims and a stereo system, airfare, hotel stays, limousine service, meals, auto repairs, clothing, furniture and appliances." Nothing to do with the coaches.

Former USC RBs coach Todd McNair fell under some criticism though and eventually was no longer with the sfaff. Said the report, “[McNair] knew or should have known that [Bush] and [New Era Sports marketing agents] were engaged in violations that negatively affected [Bush’s] amateurism status. The assistant football coach provided false and misleading information to the enforcement staff concerning his knowledge of [the marketing agents’] activity and also violated NCAA legislation by signing a document certifying that he had no knowledge of NCAA violations.”

Lane Kiffin did nothing wrong in redards to the sanctions being enforced at USC. If he did, why would a new AD hire him to be their coach while under investigation?

I can agree that his departure from Tennessee was very ugly. His tenure their was tumultuous at times and he acted very immaturely as well. I personally chalk that up to his age, really. When he was hired as the head coach of the Oakland Raiders, he was the youngest (31) head coach in the NFL's modern era (1946). When he was coach at Tennessee, he was the youngest (34) active head coach in the NCAA FBS ranks. He left for his dream job. He was an assistant at USC from 2001-2006. He has not been out of line since taking over the USC job. He seemed to save all of his mistakes and antics for his one year at Tennessee.

IMHO he is a very bright coach with a tremendous offensive mind. A coach who can do one thing as well as if not better than anyone else in the entire country, and thats recruit. That shows me that he connects with kids and their parents. Husker fans know as much as anyone that you gotta sell the parents too. He can sell his philosophy and university. His recruits (team) like him and will play hard for him. All reports indicate as much from Pasadena as well. USC has done a tremendous job on the playing field and on the recruiting grounds. USC is an early pick for #1 in 2012 and for good reason.

When he took over the USC job it was less than 3 weeks till signing day. He secured 6 more commitments in that time from five 4**** and one 5*****. The USC class was #1. The NCAA's findings report comes out 4 mos. later, USC is hit with their sanctions. Some upperclassmen take advantage of the "free transfer" and leave. Kiffin still recruits the #4 class the next year (2011). This past year, a young talented USC team finished 10-2 and ranked #6 in the AP poll and would normally have played Oregon (a team they beat 11/19) for the Pac 12 Champ. and would have played in a BCS Bowl regardless. This year with a smaller class of 15, they will still be top 5-10. Lane Kiffin has some growing up to do and some learning on the job, no doubt. I guess I just have a different view of him. I think he is a coach on the rise who will only get better at what he does.

It's not just Kiffin, it's his whole slimy clan (specifically referring to another cheating member of his team Ed Orgeron.) I was in Knoxville at the time and witnessed what he did to TN. He was calling his UT commitments and began recruiting them to USC before he left his office in Knoxville.

And if you remember, his first class at TN was ranked very highly. It will probably go down in UT history as the class with the most criminal records, and several of those star players are long gone i.e. both 4* running backs. Watch him operate - he is a low class, low ethics narcissist.

Former USC RBs coach Todd McNair fell under some criticism though and eventually was no longer with the sfaff. Said the report, “[McNair] knew or should have known that [Bush] and [New Era Sports marketing agents] were engaged in violations that negatively affected [Bush’s] amateurism status. The assistant football coach provided false and misleading information to the enforcement staff concerning his knowledge of [the marketing agents’] activity and also violated NCAA legislation by signing a document certifying that he had no knowledge of NCAA violations.”

You asked why NU fans don't like him and I answered why. He was barely in his job at Tennessee a week when he committed his first secondary NCAA violation and he managed to rack up 2 or 3 more before he ever coached his first game there. On top of that he was part of the staff that turned their head in the whole Reggie Bush deal. As to your question why would an AD hire him? I have no clue, he's an unethical slime ball. He's about as ethical as a prostitute. Why did an AD hire Lou "the cheater" Holz after the second or 3rd school he coached got put on probation for violations that occurred under his watch? Maybe because some AD's are cheating scum bags also?

i heard josh harvey report that we have 13 committs today. from everything i have seen and heard we may be able to push the number up to around 20. by my account these are the names that keep coming up in no particular order.

12-alexander...ATH
13-whitaker...OG
14-cross...RB
15-valentine*...DT
16-peat*...OT
17-moore*...ATH
18-ford...CB
19-shelton...CB
20-fuller...QB

21-lambert...LB
22-c jackson...DB
23-goodman...OL
24-curry...DT
25-bourque...RB
26-bush-loo...TE

i placed a star by the ones that from the sound of things, seem the most likely. red said in another thread that we have told bush-loo(TE) that we have no spot for him. and the late push for goodman sure makes me hope we havent lost out on peat, but the numbers are getting awfully tight. any other names that i may be over looking as a possible husker?

EDIT: updated for an easy overview of were we may be at...its all speculation on my end

not sure were the cut off line is at but regardless if we could finish out with valentine, peat, shelton, fuller and lambert in the group i'll be just giddy. unlike a lot of folks i understand that building nebraska back into a powerful brand, was much more difficult than some who felt like bo should have hit homeruns on his 1st 3/4 classes. in todays college football nebraska has an up hill climb and bo has reestabilshed us as a solid program by winning. i think we will begin to recruit better and better every year we have stability in the program as that is vastly important considering our location disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back