• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked the final push till NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
One man's opinion. In looking at Peat I am very concerned. I have seen the projections from those who know much more than I do, but I am thinking he is going west coast. At one time it was between Stanford and NU, now USC has become a contender. I don't see us winning the trifecta with the Peat clan. Hope I am very wrong.

our resent history of NSD loses have me concerned as well. i pegged cousin avery moss to purdue so maybe if i go with peat to USC!;)

Last edited:

Yeah you did....so I think our odds just went up in landing Andrus....:nod:;):Biggrin::cool::lol:

We won Carnes and Todd Peat the last couple of years on NSD when most folks had given them up for the dead....so keep the faith....

our resent history of NSD loses have me concerned as well. i pegged cousin avery moss to purdue so maybe if i go with peat to USC!;)

Yeah you did....so I think our odds just went up in landing Andrus....:nod:;):Biggrin::cool::lol:

We won Carnes and Todd Peat the last couple of years on NSD when most folks had given them up for the dead....so keep the faith....

4 smirky faces would have been enough, :Biggrin: but hey if i have to be wrong to get em dressed in red then so be it!!

Diggs has long been gone...committed to S. Carolina at the Army All-Star game....his dad play their and in fact against the Huskers in 1987....

Jackson is taking the ACT once again...and who knows with him....may have to go the JUCO route if he doesn't qualify be the summer...

My bad. I must have read an old thread or something.

I don't think its a slam dunk but the odds are in our favor more than most folks realize....the family connection helps....but as we know with the Manning brothers (Payton and Eli) its not always a given....sometimes younger brothers want to get out from under the shadow of the older brother....on the other the family (Peat and Moss families) loves Bo and his and staff....and Andrus is almost a lock to start as a Frosh at Nebraska...Stanford has commits from 5 OL already....four of whom are 4-star rated thus he would not have that guarantee their....yes the academics woudl be hard to beat....and perhaps in the end that is the decider....as for USC I just can't buy into the Peat family sending their son their....they too have a 4 and 5 star OL already committed....thus less chance of early playing time....

So yeah I do have a few concerns....which is why I puts our odds at 75%.....can't take this for granted just because of family ties....but I like our odds a ton....

Red,

I love what you do for this board, and I don't mean this as negative in any way. I think that you're one of the most respected and valuable posters on this board; however, as an English teacher, your incorrect use of "their" and "there" drives me crazy. "There" refers to a place or point. "Their"refers to a group of people. I know you're very well educated, so it bothers me even more. Again, I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I'm sure I'll get torn apart for this, but that was not my intention.

Red,

I love what you do for this board, and I don't mean this as negative in any way. I think that you're one of the most respected and valuable posters on this board; however, as an English teacher, your incorrect use of "their" and "there" drives me crazy. "There" refers to a place or point. "Their"refers to a group of people. I know you're very well educated, so it bothers me even more. Again, I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I'm sure I'll get torn apart for this, but that was not my intention.

I thought "their" was a group possessive. Isn't a group of people a gaggle? No, wait. That's a gaggle of geese. Never mind. :Biggrin:

Yeah my wife is/was a teacher too and it drives her crazy too...honestly on forums and e-mails etc I don't give it much thought....when I go formal I do..and yeah I have an MA from UC Riverside....sorry it drives you crazy....Vicki is laughing right now...:) :)

I'll try to do better....I promise...:) :)

No one will tear you apart....:)

Red,

Last edited:
I don't think its a slam dunk but the odds are in our favor more than most folks realize....the family connection helps....but as we know with the Manning brothers (Payton and Eli) its not always a given....sometimes younger brothers want to get out from under the shadow of the older brother....on the other the family (Peat and Moss families) loves Bo and his and staff....and Andrus is almost a lock to start as a Frosh at Nebraska...Stanford has commits from 5 OL already....four of whom are 4-star rated thus he would not have that guarantee their....yes the academics woudl be hard to beat....and perhaps in the end that is the decider....as for USC I just can't buy into the Peat family sending their son their....they too have a 4 and 5 star OL already committed....thus less chance of early playing time....

So yeah I do have a few concerns....which is why I puts our odds at 75%.....can't take this for granted just because of family ties....but I like our odds a ton....

One thing I have noticed from this board is that Husker fans dont seem to like Lane Kiffin. I dont know if being out of the Husker family has kept me from the reason for this? Anyways, I wonder what fans would think of him if he pulled off the upset and signed Peat. While I agree that he is a heavy lean and IMO a 85% Husker, you never really know. I do know that Lane Kiffin, Ed Orgeron and Joe Barry can recreuit with anyone in the entire country.

Why do Husker fans already seem to hate Lane Kiffin?

One thing I have noticed from this board is that Husker fans dont seem to like Lane Kiffin. I dont know if being out of the Husker family has kept me from the reason for this? Anyways, I wonder what fans would think of him if he pulled off the upset and signed Peat. While I agree that he is a heavy lean and IMO a 85% Husker, you never really know. I do know that Lane Kiffin, Ed Orgeron and Joe Barry can recreuit with anyone in the entire country.

To answer your question, because he cheats. He was on a staff busted by the NCAA, he committed numerous violations in only a single year at Tennessee and he was completely classless with the way he dealt with leaving TU. Other than being as slimy as Petrino he's a great piece of garbage. Even though his dad was a respected member of Bob's staff here that doesn't give him a free pass.

To answer your question, because he cheats. He was on a staff busted by the NCAA, he committed numerous violations in only a single year at Tennessee and he was completely classless with the way he dealt with leaving TU. Other than being as slimy as Petrino he's a great piece of garbage. Even though his dad was a respected member of Bob's staff here that doesn't give him a free pass.

What makes you think his father is clean?

Goodman apparently sticking with ASU. Speculation that Fuller is Arizona bound.

I already have Seisay counted as on scholarship and 17 left. They should be able to count him against the previous class and not consider that against our budget for this year?? (not sure on that)

With that, I revised your numbers to reflect the verbal commitments vs. scholarships. 17 limit + 3 possible oversigns

11-alexander...ATH
12-whitaker...OG
13-cross...RB
14-moore*...ATH
15-valentine*...DT
16-shelton...CB
17-peat*...OT
??????
-------------------

goodman...OL
ford*...CB
curry...DT
bourque...RB
bush-loo...TE

Cheater....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back