• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Exodus (post Spring Game portal activity)

Good luck, Richard. Sims, Thompson, and Purdy all have enough run element to their game to keep a defense unbalanced and always considering the threat... Smothers is not enough of a danger at passing to make his running ability matter all that much. Hopefully he can find a place. Otherwise, let's get to fall competition already! Excited to see what Casey can bring in this type of attack honestly. I think perhaps the biggest reason for a lack of explosive plays on offense during the Spring game is due to the Defense flying around...
Casey Ran Last year when he needed to, that should also factor in the discussion as well. 2 man Race as far I can tell. It will be Casey vs Simms Heinrich for the Option every once in awhile

Came here to see several others agreeing with our morning coffee chatter at work, coming to the same consensus that Haarberg could be a blocking demon at TE.

I actually see Smothers being more of a TE than Haarberg... although only 6'2, he'd be a LB matchup nightmare with his speed...

1682449587567.png

Sorry to see Logan Smothers go, but best of luck elsewhere. Can't say I'm a fan of the way this appeared to leak. Lot's of stories saying "expected" or "planned" but no actual confirmation or comment from Logan. NU beat reporters shouldn't pre-empt his statement. (His Twitter and Instagram have nothing as of 2:20 CT)

Good luck to all transfers except in future games against the Huskers!

Last edited:

A) Glad to see he’s already has a degree (ie: grad transfer).

B) Hope he lands somewhere good/great for him.

C) With Sims, CT and HH apparently ahead of him on the depth chart … a high profile QB recruit being chased … his prospects do not appear strong.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back