• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TE Matt Snyder is all 'N' will sign with the Huskers on NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whatever Mattison said was probably meant to sound like what you typed. I think what came out may have been very close, but was misinterpreted. If you are going to use that line, you better make sure you get it right.

Like...I can get a good look at a T Bone by sticking my head up a cow's butt, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

If only we could have lawyer's type out all of our thoughts for what we really mean!

You're exactly right. It is not an insult to say to someone: "Your incredible football talents have opened a door for you to attend one of the world's most prestigious universities."

OK, this is starting to swing way too much in favor of giving UM and Mattison the benefit of the doubt. If that's what Mattison said, I don't think the Daishon or his dad would have taken such umbrage. I think it's a very safe bet that Mattison told Daishon that with his grades, he wouldn't get into UM if not for football. True as it may be, I'm with the Neals. It comes off smug and insulting. I don't care how prestigious or expensive UM is. Honestly, the "Michigan men" can sod off.

Last edited:
OK, this is starting to swing way too much in favor of giving UM and Mattison the benefit of the doubt. If that's what Mattison said, I don't think the Daishon or his dad would have taken such umbrage. I think it's a very safe bet that Mattison told Daishon that with his grades, he wouldn't get into UM if not for football. True as it may be, I'm with the Neals. It comes off smug and insulting. I don't care how prestigious or expensive UM is. Honestly, the "Michigan men" can sod off.

Did we just become best friends?

Ya... The Central coach had 47 voicemails from newspapers around the country, and local radio shows were trying to get assistant coaches on to talk about Daishon. The coach called to get the scoop and Mattison adamantly denied calling Neal "an idiot to his face". He said Michigan had the transcripts and scores from Daishon and was simply letting him know the opportunity that he was being presented with because of how highly they thought of him as a football player.

Without going into much more detail, if quoting someone's GPA and ACT score is "calling them an idiot to their face", well, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror...

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but maybe Michigan will learn their lesson of trying to poach what they feel is low hanging fruit and kids easily swayed or wanting attention. Because no matter what happened, this definitely backfired and gave them some bad publicity. I have talked to more than one person who thinks when Neal is trying to pad his story one last time "I was going to flip to Michigan before they said that." Really? You were going to flip before taking a visit and meeting the head coach?

The Snyders are a very intelligent family, and they have had Michigan tell them their side of the story. I'm sure they are rolling their eyes at both Daishon and his dad, and the michigan coaches when it comes up. They aren't making their decision based on a phone call or anything Neal says...

We speculate.

None of us knows the reality of the events.

We speculate.

A legacy linebacker committed to DONU & Tom Osborne, Dec 2007, without knowing the identity of the head coach and not having taken on OV to DoNU. Said LB never played a meaningful down at DONU. I haven't read any derisive comments toward the recruit or Tom Osborne.

At least one of OUR 2015 class recruits committed to DONU prior to meeting HCMR and prior to visiting DONU.

Sometimes humans deride that which they do not understand. Perhaps that applies to me in this case.

I wish Mr Neal & his family the best of success.

I wish HCMR & his staff at DONU the best of success.

Coach Harbaugh & mi, not so much.

SWB

I hope that they went to a buffet, this is one long breakfast. Should have came to my place, I can cook an egg and toast in 5 minutes.

I don't think there will be tweet if it's bad news. So the later it goes, the less likely he re-confirmed his commitment. He still has 5 days to make up his mind.

Last edited:

True. I meant from our Coaches.

Exactly. If good news for michigan, or for Mr Snyder if he decides to accept michigan's offer, someone from the Snyder family or from michigan will edit: add "perhaps" end edit tweet something indicative of Mr Snyder's decision.

Best of success to DONU.

Best of success to Mr Snyder.

SWB

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back