• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TE Matt Snyder is all 'N' will sign with the Huskers on NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back to Matt Snyder.....I figure will know once his breakfast/in-home is done with Coaches Riley, Langsdorf and Read....if he is going flip to Michigan and their fans will be all over it and crowing about it and if he stays the same in reverse with Husker fans....

My gut tells me he stays with Nebraska because of the relationship with Read and Riley....hard to beat that....the star power of a Harbaugh may win them over....we shall know soon enough this morning....

Bottom line is I suspect the family will announce what he is going to do and move on....which is the way it should be....and Riley needs an answer good or bad or bad to know where he stands going into the final weekend of OVs....simple as that....:)

Last edited:

So any word on how the breakfast went? Hopefully nobody peed in the Wheaties.

It's only 7:45 on the west coast Probably just getting started. He's probably missing the start of the school day which is understandable as this is a big decision in his life.

Ya... The Central coach had 47 voicemails from newspapers around the country, and local radio shows were trying to get assistant coaches on to talk about Daishon. The coach called to get the scoop and Mattison adamantly denied calling Neal "an idiot to his face". He said Michigan had the transcripts and scores from Daishon and was simply letting him know the opportunity that he was being presented with because of how highly they thought of him as a football player.

Without going into much more detail, if quoting someone's GPA and ACT score is "calling them an idiot to their face", well, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror...

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but maybe Michigan will learn their lesson of trying to poach what they feel is low hanging fruit and kids easily swayed or wanting attention. Because no matter what happened, this definitely backfired and gave them some bad publicity. I have talked to more than one person who thinks when Neal is trying to pad his story one last time "I was going to flip to Michigan before they said that." Really? You were going to flip before taking a visit and meeting the head coach?

The Snyders are a very intelligent family, and they have had Michigan tell them their side of the story. I'm sure they are rolling their eyes at both Daishon and his dad, and the michigan coaches when it comes up. They aren't making their decision based on a phone call or anything Neal says...

That's what I assumed had probably happened. I thought you meant that Mattison was flat out denying that he even brought up not being able to get into Michigan without football. While Mattison was probably correct, it's still an arrogant approach to assume everyone will be an awe of almighty Michigan. He probably could have been more tactful in his choice of words. Having said that, I don't like Michigan so I'm going to assign evilness to them no matter what. ;)

I agree that it probably wouldn't have any bearing on Snyder. I also agreed with what you said in the other thread about not really wanting DN to be the spokesman for NU football with Snyder.

Since 1970 ....Nebraska has claimed 5 National Championships while Meatchicken has claimed 1.

I believe it could be said that recruits today should more in awe of "almightiy Nebraska".

GBR...........!

Since 1970 ....Nebraska has claimed 5 National Championships while Meatchicken has claimed 1.

I believe it could be said that recruits today should more in awe of "almightiy Nebraska".

GBR...........!

Das it, man. Preach!!! :nod:

GBR...........!

And even the one they have was split with us

GBR...........!

And that fact that DONU has more Academic All Americans than MeatChicken BY FAR....

Ya... The Central coach had 47 voicemails from newspapers around the country, and local radio shows were trying to get assistant coaches on to talk about Daishon. The coach called to get the scoop and Mattison adamantly denied calling Neal "an idiot to his face". He said Michigan had the transcripts and scores from Daishon and was simply letting him know the opportunity that he was being presented with because of how highly they thought of him as a football player.

Without going into much more detail, if quoting someone's GPA and ACT score is "calling them an idiot to their face", well, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror...

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but maybe Michigan will learn their lesson of trying to poach what they feel is low hanging fruit and kids easily swayed or wanting attention. Because no matter what happened, this definitely backfired and gave them some bad publicity. I have talked to more than one person who thinks when Neal is trying to pad his story one last time "I was going to flip to Michigan before they said that." Really? You were going to flip before taking a visit and meeting the head coach?

The Snyders are a very intelligent family, and they have had Michigan tell them their side of the story. I'm sure they are rolling their eyes at both Daishon and his dad, and the michigan coaches when it comes up. They aren't making their decision based on a phone call or anything Neal says...

You're exactly right. It is not an insult to say to someone: "Your incredible football talents have opened a door for you to attend one of the world's most prestigious universities."

You're exactly right. It is not an insult to say to someone: "Your incredible football talents have opened a door for you to attend one of the world's most prestigious universities."

Agreed, but it is fun to spin it that way against Michigan. :Biggrin:

I think whatever Mattison said was probably meant to sound like what you typed. I think what came out may have been very close, but was misinterpreted. If you are going to use that line, you better make sure you get it right.

Like...I can get a good look at a T Bone by sticking my head up a cow's butt, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back