• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee

Shocked to hear you say this.

One thing, this matter is yet to be determined no matter how strong your hate for him is. It looks bad but I'm still hoping he can find a way to stick. He was one of the very few players that didn't quit on the team last year.
I don’t hate him. He just matter of factly, isn’t a very good QB. Simple.

Last edited:

tell that to Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, Jimmy Garrapolo, Tony Romo, Brett Favre.
We’ll see man. We’ll see. Those QBs success’, or potential success doesn’t mean squat for Tanner Lee. You forgot to mention, for every one of those players you mentioned, there are a hundred Tanner Lee’s.

Last edited:
What college a kid goes to matters little. Joe Flacco, Steve McNair, Tony Romo, Big Ben, Derek Carr and Blake Bortles are all recent examples of guys who didn't play for 'elite' schools or even P5 schools and still found a way to do very well in the NFL.
Never said otherwise. Ever. There are always exceptions and late bloomers. Lee isn’t one of them.

Never said otherwise. Ever. There are always exceptions and late bloomers. Lee isn’t one of them.

The post I responded to intimated that Lee was at Tulane because he wasn't any good. That seems to indicate an opinion on quarterback quality relative to the school they attended, which led to my providing examples of players from lesser schools making a name in the NFL.

As to Lee's NFL future, I'd love to see the kid make it, though I think he's dug himself quite a hole. If/when he gets cut, please do Husker nation a favor and don't gloat. Celebrating a former Husker's failure is not a good look. For any of us.

The post I responded to intimated that Lee was at Tulane because he wasn't any good. That seems to indicate an opinion on quarterback quality relative to the school they attended, which led to my providing examples of players from lesser schools making a name in the NFL.

As to Lee's NFL future, I'd love to see the kid make it, though I think he's dug himself quite a hole. If/when he gets cut, please do Husker nation a favor and don't gloat. Celebrating a former Husker's failure is not a good look. For any of us.
I’m not gloating man. I’d like to see him make it also. Fact is, he just isn’t very good. As to your first paragraph, there is, by and large reasons why athletes go to lesser schools and usually it’s because they aren’t very good. That is a fact. That said, some will bloom late, get much better and become really good, good enough to go to the next level. It isn’t the norm, or the rule, it’s rather the exception. There is always a few though, always.

In fairness, he did play for one of the worst coaches in NU history, regardless if 90% of our fans thought he was great.
Congratulations? I guess. It’s weird what some people take pride in. Well, keep watching the paper and you can celebrate when TL gets cut. I’ll keep cheering for him to find a practice squad gig or something. Seems like a good dude.

Congratulations? I guess. It’s weird what some people take pride in. Well, keep watching the paper and you can celebrate when TL gets cut. I’ll keep cheering for him to find a practice squad gig or something. Seems like a good dude.
Where did I ever say I wasn’t cheering for him? Damn man. I was cheering for our former coach also. I’m just not one to ever ignore reality. Sometimes, there is just no way in hell man. That’s what you just don’t grasp.

In fairness, he did play for one of the worst coaches in NU history, regardless if 90% of our fans thought he was great.
Wow! 12:15 am, you had some whiskey and took time to hit the keyboards and bash a former coach?...I’m thinking that when a player messes up this season,you will say “he played for Riley!!!” You have cried a river, maybe build a bridge and get over it! And maybe it’s time to look forward to the new season?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back