• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

Would Riley use a 2QB rotation?

I don't think they'll rotate . . . but I would bet they want to get POB in for as much late game time as possible. Hopefully we'll see some laughers where that can happen.

I do wonder if they might come up with a goal line package for Bunch. He has some dual-threat possibilities, doesn't he? He might give a few wrinkles down near the goal line with some run/pass options to open up the playbook?

I don't think they'll rotate . . . but I would bet they want to get POB in for as much late game time as possible. Hopefully we'll see some laughers where that can happen.

I do wonder if they might come up with a goal line package for Bunch. He has some dual-threat possibilities, doesn't he? He might give a few wrinkles down near the goal line with some run/pass options to open up the playbook?

Situational football. Getting the best players on the field for the best results.

I kind of doubt it, unless the "starter" begins to struggle and the backup does as well.
I would really like to see O'Brien play a great deal this coming year as a backup not because of an injury to Lee. It's been a VERY long time since the Huskers have had a backup really ready to play.

Correct. He has 2 more years at NU.

Unless as McKewon mentioned he moves on to the league after one highly successful year. Personally, i think that is a pretty big stretch to expect from a guy who has his history. Unless he really did improve an extreme, rare amount in 2 years.

That would be beyond shocking.

That one is a toss up for me at this point, but I still think we win(unless things have gone sour before then). I wont like it if we lose of course, but just so long as we don't get blown out, I'll be okay with a hard fought, tough loss that goes down the the wire.
I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind this. Penn State literally came into their own last season, and virtually returns every component of their B1G championship. But we're going to beat them at Penn State. Because!

I said he had the most upside. But I'm sure you read what you wanted in my post. Gebbia will be the starter in a year or two, imo.

Tulane? A very mediocre program in a Go5 conference? Well then, he must be the best we can get!

And He transferred out and was willing to sit out a year because T. Lee knew that he didn't belong at that level.

1 Never said Nebraska invented the idea that the backup love affair with the fan base. Simply hope it doesn't happen.
2. We all read that Lee's experience would be a real plus for him. No way this is a knock on O'Brien he certainly has all the tools and leadership ability.
3. If you don't think that the 3rd string isn't going to push both Lee and O'Brien you didn't watch him play against the number one defense behind the backup line.
4. Husker QB future is better than its been in a very long time.

It makes everything confusing. We just want to give out love. And this whole competition at QB with actual choices is just making everyone feel awkward and losing their mind.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind this. Penn State literally came into their own last season, and virtually returns every component of their B1G championship. But we're going to beat them at Penn State. Because!

Penn St had a great seaon last year. Everything fell into place in the last half of the season and they played great. I want to see them do it again. One year is not a trend. I am not ready to annoint them back. Things definitely look like they are going in the right direction, but until they do it consistantly they are just a 1 year wonder. Look at Iowa in 2015 everything fell into place and they played great and had a great season. They returned a ton. They sitll lost lost 4 games last year.

Why can't Nebraska beat them in Happy Valley? We have no idea how good this team is going to be. We have no idea how good Tanner Lee is going to be. We have no idea how good the new defense is going to be. I never conceed a loss before the season and I am definitely not going to with Penn St.

Last edited:

Penn St had a great seaon last year. Everything fell into place in the last half of the season and they played great. I want to see them do it again. One year is not a trend. I am not ready to annoint them back. Things definitely look like they are going in the right direction, but until they do it consistantly they are just a 1 year wonder. Look at Iowa in 2015 everything fell into place and they played great and had a great season. They returned a ton. They sitll lost lost 4 games last year.

Why can't Nebraska beat them in Happy Valley? We have no idea how good this team is going to be. We have no idea how good Tanner Lee is going to be. We have no idea how good the new defense is going to be. I never conceed a loss before the season and I am definitely not going to with Penn St.
Okay, whatever....you go ahead and live in fantasy land.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back