• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

I can't disagree with the success of a physically underdeveloped Durant, but I don't know if I can agree that those two scenarios are comparable. We're talking College vs Pro and Football vs Basketball. Not exactly apples to apples.

It's not like they aren't giving Gebbia a chance. He had more pass attempts than any QB in the spring game giving them a lot of things to evaluate him on. But if he's simply lockstep with the other two (which it appeared he was), then you redshirt him give him a chance to adjust to life as a college student/athlete, learn the offense and physically develop. And who knows, maybe he'll pass them both up.

That said, we can also just agree to disagree.
But of course he's three years younger than Lee. I was looking for reasons to like one of the three. To me, Lee and POB are virtually interchangeable, other than experience. I was very impressed with what Tristan did against the first team defense.

Anyone ever wonder if Lee would opt out for the NFL in 2018 if he has a really good season for the Huskers this fall? Not trying to start a war, here. Just asking a question. It is a possibility.

We certainly are not projected to do very well, and supposedly, Oregon is going to crush us and we have no shot at Wiscy, OSU, PSU or Iowa. I'm thinking we win a minimum of 9 this season, but that is jmho. I think we beat Oregon and split the other 4 games.
If we lose it will be against UW/OSU. PSU will be pivotal. If we beat them we can win ten. If we beat Wisky, I like how the rest of the season looks.

I'm predicting 9-4 again. We'll be a far better team next year, but that's a very tough schedule!

Anyone ever wonder if Lee would opt out for the NFL in 2018 if he has a really good season for the Huskers this fall? Not trying to start a war, here. Just asking a question. It is a possibility.
It's a reasonable question, and if he has the sort of season you're talking about I would not blame him if he left. Good thing POB is here.

If we lose it will be against UW/OSU. PSU will be pivotal. If we beat them we can win ten. If we beat Wisky, I like how the rest of the season looks.

I'm predicting 9-4 again. We'll be a far better team next year, but that's a very tough schedule!
I'm pretty much in line with your post here. I don't see us beating OSU, although I could see us beating UW(not sure we will though). I think we beat Oregon and both PSU and Iowa.

If he and the Huskers have a break out year, and Lee is really tearing it up, he'd almost be crazy not to go pro.

Riley has a few million reasons to name Lee the starter.

Job security right now rests in Lee's health.

Honestly....i think that is a dream scenario if you are a husker fan.

I'm pretty much in line with your post here. I don't see us beating OSU, although I could see us beating UW(not sure we will though). I think we beat Oregon and both PSU and Iowa.
I'm putting PSU down as a loss. We have to play there, and they don't like us. They are defending Champs too.

Iowa? Probably, they lost their QB, so they're due for another el foldo year.

I think we beat Oregon.

I'm putting PSU down as a loss. We have to play there, and they don't like us. They are defending Champs too.

Iowa? Probably, they lost their QB, so they're due for another el foldo year.

I think we beat Oregon.
That one is a toss up for me at this point, but I still think we win(unless things have gone sour before then). I wont like it if we lose of course, but just so long as we don't get blown out, I'll be okay with a hard fought, tough loss that goes down the the wire.

Last edited:
This is overrated. People said Kevin Durant would need years to get stronger. He only dominated from the start pretty much. If Gebbia is the most talented, has the most upside, you play him. The game is more than just sheer strength. Who gives a ---- if he looks the part, the question is, can he play the part. If he can, play him. That's all.

I think comparing physical development in basketball to football is spurious at best. I trust that Riley and Langsdorf have selected who they feel is the better prepared QB and leader of the offense at this point. I'm certain there will be continued evalution and they could switch starters if they feel it is best for the team. For those who believe TG has the biggest upside (not sure how that is measured) allow him to run the scout team and continue developing and then he has the chance to take over the spot next year.

Lee is the best guy to be starter, but never dismiss a freshman QB.

Nebraska is one of the few places that don't ever seem to try one.

Several modern freshman QBs have taken their teams the distance to their conference championship in year one.

Lee is the best guy to be starter, but never dismiss a freshman QB.

Nebraska is one of the few places that don't ever seem to try one.

Several modern freshman QBs have taken their teams the distance to their conference championship in year one.
Jamies Winston.... NC winner as a Freshman with FSU.

That one is a toss up for me at this point, but I still think we win(unless things have gone sour before then). I wont like it if we lose of course, but just so long as we don't get blown out, I'll be okay with a hard fought, tough loss that goes down the the wire.
Convince me! PSU is defending champs. They have an excellent offense, and we have to play In Happy Valley. That has loss plastered all over it. But that's just me.

I'll say this, if we beat Wisky, we could play fourteen games this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back