• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

Tanner Lee is not a two year starter. Neither for UNL nor for Riley. If O'Brian Is the better QB he should start.

It's intriguing after several years of arguments about who should be the starter that everyone automatically accepts that Lee is the best without any empirical evidence.

To my undiscerning eye, Gebbia has the most upside of anyone in the QB room.

I don't think it is so much everyone accepts Lee, as everyone accepts that Riley has the best handle on who should be the starter.

By the way, perfect use of the word undiscerning.

Clearly this was expected, but POB gave it a good try. I truly hate the use of the description "he's the best because the coaches know." Often, the coaches don't know, and select based on seniority, quality practice rep's, intangibles and/or incorrect judgement. In this case, however, it is clear that POB had every opportunity to win the job, but fell just short. That gives me even more confidence in Lee than I already had. Does it make Lee "the best?" Maybe, but only time will tell for certain...I just know that I like the pick, the competition and our backup situation. GBR!

Tanner Lee is not a two year starter. Neither for UNL nor for Riley. If O'Brian Is the better QB he should start.

It's intriguing after several years of arguments about who should be the starter that everyone automatically accepts that Lee is the best without any empirical evidence.

C

Good move. He's the more experienced hand, plus if you're selling QB recruits on NU between now and fall, it's probably an easier sales job if you're slated to start a RS JR vs. an RS FR.

But I won't be surprised if a Bunch ( ;) ) of guys are in the mix when the season gets rolling.

Last edited:

Not surprising. Hope Lee turns out to be great.

O'Brien has every reason to stick around at least this year. After that it will depend.

Wow...just wow. You want to throw an undersized HS age kid into the B1G. So glad MR is smarter than that. And TL was a two year starter, 19 games in all at Tulane....no one said anything about starting at NU. This is bizarre even for you Socal.

Realistically, none of us have really seen enough to honestly judge. A glorified scrimmage. I'm guessing the coaches think it's not close. If it's close, why name a starter at this point? Serves no purpose and all the competitors could respect as much. Must be a wide margin.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back