• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stalbird in Transfer Portal

Hmmm. I believe players who transfer down a level are immediately eligible, so he will play against us next year. I'm not crazy about that piece of it, but otherwise i wish him well there.

He was a walkon who got the opportunity to (and did) play on the biggest platform at a P5 school. If he has any animosity toward our team or program, that would be very curious. I think we should be more focused on not repeating how Minnesota played them last year. That was a very ugly game that Minny was very fortunate to win.

He was a walkon who got the opportunity to (and did) play on the biggest platform at a P5 school. If he has any animosity toward our team or program, that would be very curious. I think we should be more focused on not repeating how Minnesota played them last year. That was a very ugly game that Minny was very fortunate to win.

I don't see why there would be any animosity. He got great training and coaching and was able to leverage that into a full scholarship offer that he didn't get coming out of HS. Wish he could have waited to get playing time here to earn the scholarship, but can understand someone wanting the scholarship and the money (hard to ask parents to come up with cash, etc.).

And agree this isn't a game we want to take lightly.. of course, these days we can't take any games lightly!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back