• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stalbird in Transfer Portal

bummer, ... one of my ST favorites (which was an abnormally small list this season)

Best of Luck!!!

Frankly, doesn’t the rise of the transfer portal create opportunity similar to a player going the junior college route? A player who didn’t necessarily get looks out of HS can walk on, develop a little, get some experience, and then maybe get a second look.

Hate to see a player go, but if there is a great opportunity out there for them, I wish them the best. They won’t know without putting themselves out there.

I'm hopeful that it's just a way to see what attention he gets. I think he's pretty high on the list of walk-ons to get a scholarship earlier rather than later.

Kind of surprised by this one. Instate kid who was getting playing time as a RFr and seemed to be on track for a scholarship soon. He was arguably our best special teams player last season.
Totally agree with you on this, it shocked me as well and for the same reasons you listed. He provided a real spark out there and I hope he earns a schollie somewhere. :Cautious:

I'm hopeful that it's just a way to see what attention he gets. I think he's pretty high on the list of walk-ons to get a scholarship earlier rather than later.
Most sports have a year end individual meeting with each player and the head coach for things like that to be discussed so one would think he would know what his outlook for playing time and a scholarship are way better then any of us here. Perhaps he didn't like his answer but I have no way of knowing.

We cannot want a healthy and robust walk-on program and not accept that at times we are not always going to get every kid we'd like ... some kids want to play for DONU no matter what ... and ... other kids want to play no matter where.

Stalbird is obviously the later and who can blame him. I hope he finds what he's looking for ... there are of course no promises with NU but remember Isaiah ... there are no promises elsewhere as well!

Last edited:

Most sports have a year end individual meeting with each player and the head coach for things like that to be discussed so one would think he would know what his outlook for playing time and a scholarship are way better then any of us here. Perhaps he didn't like his answer but I have no way of knowing.

that sounds right to me. I'm wondering if the answer was something like, you're on the list for next fall, provided you earn more snaps in the 2 deep. He maybe wanted something sooner...

we'll see. I hope he's back. he's a scholarship level athlete, IMO

that sounds right to me. I'm wondering if the answer was something like, you're on the list for next fall, provided you earn more snaps in the 2 deep. He maybe wanted something sooner...

we'll see. I hope he's back. he's a scholarship level athlete, IMO
He is a scholarship type kid for us right now. Hopefully the day is coming when he is not. He may be a great kid but I bet Dabo wasn’t excited to see him on the portal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back