• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Shawn Eichorst, the Invisible AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a very valid point... its definitely noble and smart to stick to your policies, etc... I just think at Nebraska, he'll need to speak up a little more than he's used to. Might take us all some time to adapt to his style, but hopefully he adapts to Nebraska' style too. I think he's going to be a solid AD at Nebraska when all is said and done.

I remember my first impression, when he was introduced, was that here was someone who doesn't like the spotlight. But I agree --- he will adapt over time. Based on the link discussed above, he's already much busier than I'd thought.

Just my opinion, but I think that someone who is in such a high profile job needs to be more visible than he has been. But I agree with post #8 that we need to give him more time before assessing his long-term performance.
Here's what I know. Bryant did not stick his nose into the program during the Devaney years. He made the hire and shut up. Bob Devaney was not a highly vocal/visible AD, either. He made the hire and shut up.

Bill Byrne was quite the opposite. Highly visible and fancied himself the most important part of the Athletic Department. Pederson did too.

I prefer Eichorst. Do the job, period.

Here's what I know. Bryant did not stick his nose into the program during the Devaney years. He made the hire and shut up. Bob Devaney was not a highly vocal/visible AD, either. He made the hire and shut up.

Bill Byrne was quite the opposite. Highly visible and fancied himself the most important part of the Athletic Department. Pederson did too.

I prefer Eichorst. Do the job, period.

Since he is the AD should we not look at all Neb programs...If we wanna talk meat grinders then we have to look at the BB court. Also 14 former big 10 players were announced as members of the Olympic hockey team. Mn is the cream of the crop as far as Hockey is concerned, drops off after Wisc sitting in 3rd place. Neb baseball seemed to do well last year...not sure what projections are. I follow SEC baseball since my nephews son plays for Mississippi state (they will make another run this year)

With SE it seems all is focused on just the football program....Should how he does or preforms be looked at as a overall perspective of all programs?

I think we typically kick ass in bowling, rifle, soccer, volleyball, and 16 other Olympic sports teams that are introduced as Big 14 champions or regional qualifier or national champions during the timeouts at football games.

I think an AD should be like a referee. If they never make headlines, they are doing a good job.

Can't disagree with that, for the most part. I really have no idea how visible or not Shawn is. I merely posted an article with no commentary of my own. :) I personally am a fan of Eichorst until I see a reason to be otherwise (which I haven't).

I think we typically kick ass in bowling, rifle, soccer, volleyball, and 16 other Olympic sports teams that are introduced as Big 14 champions or regional qualifier or national champions during the timeouts at football games.

They show them as well at Husker BB games

Way to go Lebowski. The Dude steps in with an updated article and the mood kind of changes in the room!

I'll admit I'm a little disappointed the Casper nickname may never catch fire....that was just so...clever. I mean, I'd like an AD that sprinted out to midfield in a red velour Adidas sweatsuit and started breakdancing, but that's just for my own entertainment. A little poppin' and lockin' never hurt anyone ya know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back