• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel gets Ted Carter on the record

Maybe we can get Moose to sell his ranch in MT to help split 1/2 of the buyout cost??? Isn't he responsible for this debacle??? I think M also got a, "parachute package!"
I missed this because I was checked out over the off season but what did Moos do besides hire the coach everyone wanted to hire? Why did he get run off?

It would seem that way though on the other hand the powers that be may be thinking similarly to a lot of fans--if he pulls off a couple upsets maybe he stays longer. It may come down to what it looks like on the field over these next few weeks.
That's kind of what I took out of it. The last two games have forced them to at least start considering a move, but if the team somehow wins 2 or 3 of the remaining games then Frost may end up saving his job. Hence "no decision has been made."

You can bet the first question that TA was asked in his interview to become the A.D. was, “If necessary. Would you be open to finding a new Football HC, For the 2022 season?”

I certainly agree that the AD needs to keep the Chancellor at least in the loop. I guess what I'm objecting to is people who know very little about athletics inserting themselves into the process, either substantively (which they absolutely lack the expertise for) or visually (which risks undermining the AD).
I don't disagree with how you think it should be. I just think given how important it is to the whole state and therefore the university, the admin will involve themselves no matter what.

Hopefully they wouldn't materially change the judgement of athletics officials as to who to hire, for example. But if they were getting or anticipating pushback from legislators as to timimg of a change, they might easily try to influence that.

Last edited:

When a very serious multi million dollar decision is made you can bet it's discussed at the highest level. I doubt an AD is going to have the final say on handing out 20 million so a coach can be fired. Have no problem with what Carter said.

I have been saying this for weeks that this will not be just Trev Albert’s decision. The Nebraska Head Football Coach is the face of the state in many ways. We will find out “their” decision soon enough. :thumbsup:

"A decision hasn't been made" is code for "a decision has been made, but we won't announce it for a few weeks yet because it would be poor form."

If Frost was returning, the President wouldn't have even conceded that there was a decision to be made.
It only means it has been talked about, which of course it would have to be. I'd bet good money they were all thinking they would keep Frost up until right before the Minnesota game. And I'd bet even more that now they are planning for what a firing would be like, but haven't made a decision yet.

Win out for sure they will keep him. Lose out he's probably gone. In between it just depends.

Last edited:
The ups and especially the downs of Husker football impacts:
-Overall fund raising for DONU
-enrollment
-Attitude of the legislature towards the University
-Attitude of the city of Lincoln towards the University

For better or for worse the Husker football team is the National Image of DONU.
That's what I can think of for starters.
60 minutes did a piece 3 years ago on the impact of Football on a university. Endowments were WAY up in winning football seasons for MI. I never knew anybody from NE whose kids went to AL until the last 5 years ago. Growing up, I knew of no one who went to KU and have several friends whose kids went to KU (for basketball)

That's fine, but I think you're still off base.

Your Husker gear IS athletic gear, unless you wear a 'HUSKER PHYSICS!' sweatshirt.

We're in totally different books, not just on different pages.

Academia and athletics aren't even on the same shelf in the library.

People who donate to the Physics Department give zero craps about the football team.

Now I'd love to see a 5 star Husker QB who understands physics at a very high level. It would be awesome.

Crab, I'm not sure I agree with you on this. I heard a power five university president say, in an athletic department meeting regarding the football program, "You are the front porch of this university. What you do, how many games you win and how you go about doing it reflect back on this university, our donors and all of our alumni." Unless you are a research university who gains and sells patents from their research, no one donates to a department.. (out side of theater)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back