• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sellout streak lives to fight another day

Lol, look at the stuff we will invent to justify the sell out streak being saved by donors. "Underprivileged youth" attending a football game all of a sudden is a priority in 2021?

Lol, riiiiiiiight.
Oh heck, I don’t really care. If, however it serves some underprivileged kids, man, I’m down for that. Hope they enjoy themselves and have a fantastic.

Most of us know, if the losing continues, there will be 10,000 seats unsold. It’s only a matter of time, if the losing keeps up. You’ll see tons of empty seats Saturday. It will be more and more moving forward. Winning is all that will stop that.

Man, $12?

I would be embarrassed to tell you what I paid for the Nebraska-ScuM single game tickets in 1994. Southwest endzone.

I know every program in the country would hate to have the fan base support and corporate support that it takes to gain a sell out. Said no one ever.

It is a very dim argument that it doesn't count unless a fan buys it. Can you imagine this conversation at UCLA this past weekend which had about 7 people at their game. Ticket sales manager to UCLA AD Jarmond, "We have a couple of big donors and and Corporation or two that want to buy out all the tickets to the game against Hawaii Saturday. AD Jarmond responds " Hell no we don't want to sell out unless individual fans buy the tickets. Those 7 people in the stands are all we need. Tell those deep pocketed boosters and corporations to spend their money elsewhere". Silly analogy for a silly argument. Ticket sold=athletic department money.

Lol, look at the stuff we will invent to justify the sell out streak being saved by donors. "Underprivileged youth" attending a football game all of a sudden is a priority in 2021?

Lol, riiiiiiiight.
Actually, they are being referred to as "underserved," which makes it sound like they aren't getting enough beer to drink.
From the OP article:
The game-day offer will provide complimentary tickets to underserved youth across the state of Nebraska.

I know every program in the country would hate to have the fan base support and corporate support that it takes to gain a sell out. Said no one ever.

It is a very dim argument that it doesn't count unless a fan buys it. Can you imagine this conversation at UCLA this past weekend which had about 7 people at their game. Ticket sales manager to UCLA AD Jarmond, "We have a couple of big donors and and Corporation or two that want to buy out all the tickets to the game against Hawaii Saturday. AD Jarmond responds " Hell no we don't want to sell out unless individual fans buy the tickets. Those 7 people in the stands are all we need. Tell those deep pocketed boosters and corporations to spend their money elsewhere". Silly analogy for a silly argument. Ticket sold=athletic department money.
Your hyperbole isn't that far from the truth! ;)
E95sm3YVkAEhSwI

I hope Alberts has already started forming a team to develop a plan to reduce the capacity at Memorial Stadium by modernizing it with regular seats, etc. The donors might be able to keep the sell-out streak going this year, but something is going to have to be done soon to keep it going much beyond this year.

I hope Alberts has already started forming a team to develop a plan to reduce the capacity at Memorial Stadium by modernizing it with regular seats, etc. The donors might be able to keep the sell-out streak going this year, but something is going to have to be done soon to keep it going much beyond this year.
This I agree with.

I haven't checked for a while, but how have we done with that great home field advantage that all of these sell out crowds provide?

It's a silly thing at this point if we are arguing that it shows the great fan support we have. We have great fan support; we don't need to fill up a 90,000 seat stadium to show that.

What we're puttting on the football field no longer can fill the stdium every home game. Why do we argue about it?

Become a winning team again and they will come.

And better yet, sell beer!

I'm not a fat a$$, even though some may have another perspective, :Biggrin: but I found it miserable to try to sit in my assigned seat up in North stadium. I would end up sitting sideways and crushed for 3 1/2 hours trying to enjoy some football. It was then I understood why all those fans over the years had made it a point to get sh^tfaced before the game: It was the only way they could ignore the poor seating conditions.....I would be fine with changing to club-style seats and reducing capacity.

Last edited:

I call beer "Vitamin P".

And I am always stuck in the middle of a row.

Can't even drink before the game unless your into a sufferfest.

I'm not a fat a$$, even though some may have another perspective, :Biggrin: but I found it miserable to try to sit in my assigned seat up in North stadium. I would end up sitting sideways and crushed for 3 1/2 hours trying to enjoy some football. It was then I understood why all those fans over the years had made it a point to get sh^tfaced before the game: It was the only way they could ignore the poor seating conditions.....I would be fine with changing to club-style seats and reducing capacity.
That is why I always rent a seat. It "protects" the limited amount of space allotted to each seat.

I haven't checked for a while, but how have we done with that great home field advantage that all of these sell out crowds provide?

It's a silly thing at this point if we are arguing that it shows the great fan support we have. We have great fan support; we don't need to fill up a 90,000 seat stadium to show that.

What we're puttting on the football field no longer can fill the stdium every home game. Why do we argue about it?

Become a winning team again and they will come.
We need the revenue from the sold-out stadium to be able to afford the coaches' buyouts. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back