• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scuttlebutt from Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see/believe:
  1. That some boosters and/or persons of influence are not happy with Bo and there may be some level of dissatisfaction with each other.
  2. That Carl getting a HC job gives him a step up removes a reason for Bo to stay and "protect" his brother. However, make no mistake, this was a good move for Carl. He got into college coaching late; he got full time jobs due to his brother (at Ohio & Nebraska). He finally got enough recognition to get a HC job at a D1A School; so at his age he has to take it.
  3. I can believe that Bo might have been on thin ice if we'd have lost to Iowa and follow that with a loss in our Bowl Game.
Where this gets completely goofy is the idea that Bo is going to leave HC job at Nebraska to take a DC job at tOSU. A 60 to 70% cut in pay to be a DC for a young coach (OK, who did have health issues that enabled him to gracefully leave one of the top jobs in College Football - and eventually take a lateral to his home state).

Now I can believe that Bo has his feelers out for a HC job in the NFL or some other high profile D1A job and will take it if it is offered.

Last edited:

I realize that this is another rumor thread. However, it seems that many times in the past that where there was smoke there was fire. I really wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth in all of this.

First, this is utter b.s.

On the other hand, I'd lay a $100 bill that the Bo won't be NU's head coach 2 years from now.

Reason? The guy's candle burns too hot. He is quick-tempered, thin-skinned, and impatient. Those are the ingredients of a time bomb, and the odds of it discharging in the next 24 months under the weight of the the expectations of this program are very, very high.

Guys with Bo's temperament don't stick for long because they can't. Nick Saban and Urban are both guys with that hot fire that have to have some drama every few years. Same with the Bo man.

I like Bo and am glad he is our coach. If you like him too, enjoy him while you can because dude won't be around much longer. If you don't like him, stick around because change is a' coming. His fire's too hot for there to be any other outcome.

I also heard from a friend who has ties to a booster of substance's dog groomer that TO has already reached out to Chris Peterson and he's ready to take over the Huskers. This is why he turned down UCLA last week.

Hey if we're going to make up stuff, let's make it good. :Biggrin:

so let me see if I follow. NCAA head coach has "hurt" feelings" waits till his lil bro gets a gig and now is going to step down from being a HC at a storied football program to be a DC at another storied program? nice career path..lol...

This is a ridiculous thread.

I agree with many on here who say that Bo's sometimes perceived lack of satisfaction here may just be part of his personality. Some of us are warmer and fuzzier than others (you know who you are). However, I can't see Bo leaving here for the cauldron of the NFL as a HC (especially knowing how short-term that typically is) without being pushed out. This is his "dream job", and he is goal-oriented enough to want to at least get the big prize once before switching horses. Vocal critics aside (and they are part of all programs- college or pro), he has very good support from the fans and his players, and he knows it.

This is a ridiculous thread.

Vocal critics aside (and they are part of all programs- college or pro), he has very good support from the fans and his players, and he knows it.

+1

this is what gets me laughing. This idea that NU is the only top football program with expectations or pesky media, or overbearing fans...anybody who has ever won anything in any sport or town has a media and fan base that hungers and thirsts for more of the same. look at Texas...Mac Brown has his first really bad season last year and longhorn fan wanted a lynch mob to run him out of town. Follow that up with another 7-5 season this year and they hate him.

Thanks for this thread. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Seriously? Head coach in waiting at tOSU? Sure, Meyer not last long with his health. But that's a pretty huge risk for Bo to take if he goes there and waits for Meyer's health to decline again. I don't think Bo is going anywhere.

Come on, you guys. It's totally reasonable that a man who is being paid millions of dollars a year (with raises after pretty much every season) to be the head football coach at one of the most storied programs in all of college football would be looking to be an assistant coach somewhere else.

sounds kinda like a marriage going thru some disconcerting times with the boosters playing the part of mother-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back