• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost lands #1 Go5 recruiting class

Wow, what a strange post. You think SF accepted the 4* running back to inflate his class and get more publicity. Yeah right, I am sure that was it. SF really has no practical need for 4* RB other than to gain publicity.

Are-You-Saying-That-Its-The-Tooth-Fairy-Who-Have-Been-Taking-My-Teeth-Funny-Teeth-Meme-Image.jpg

SF's class drops to #2 in the Go5 without the 4* running back. That is not much of a plummet, now is it Mr. Wizard?

Seems odd to me that HuskerMaxers seem to enjoy all articles about the success of former Huskers....like Vincent Valentine in the Super Bowl, or former Huskers in the NFL...and the latest one about Mickey Joseph getting a coaching job.

But as soon as someone talks about the success of the former Husker named Scott Frost, it is labeled (by various oddballs) as trolling and needs to be downplayed and discredited as much as possible.

:wow:
Yes, Scott Frost took a guy that got booted from Clemson's class for academic reasons, and booted from Marylands class for academic reasons, and wasn't allowed to visit Ole Miss for academic reasons to inflate his class. If the kid qualifies even better. The reason he did this is because there were people upset when he had four star kids decommit from UCF when they got better offers.

But keep trolling your boat.

Last edited:

If UNL ever offers a football fantasy camp and I attend, who knows, I might come away more impressed with MR than I was SF.

When I attended the UCF camp, I only knew SF as a player. I wanted to see how he was as the rookie HC of a football program. I was completely objective about it. I was not expecting too much, but I was curious. It was a bucket list type deal.

Well, I was very surprised. SF was in total command...like he had been a HC for a decade. He is a strong, steady leader (he has a strong command presence). He is smart. Great communicator. Very confident. Does not leave any stone unturned...pays attention to detail. Can juggle 100 balls at once with no stress. Cares about people and knows how to grow them. He is a trailblazer. He has that Osborne-like focus...can't be distracted from the goal. Has a high moral character. He is ultra competitive. He has a clear vision and he is on a mission.

If he has a weakness, it might be that he does not have a personality like PJ Fleck that can create instant excitement. SF is pretty reserved. But SF has a degree of charisma, and overall, IMHO, SF has all the right stuff to be an exceptional HC.

Give me a chance to see MR in action doing his job and I might discover the same things about MR.

I think the UCF program is in very capable hands. I am sure the UCF AD thinks so too.

Hey Paramus, I think SF is still single. Maybe you have shot.

I mean, you can't make it up.

"I do not much care about 4* recruits"

"WHOA LOOK AT THEM 4* RECRUITS!!!"

But based upon past Husker history, is there enough evidence that 4-star recruits are something we can get excited about?

If you want to get excited about 4-star recruits, please be my guest. If you want to give others a good reason to be excited about them as well, then please have at it!

If truth threads aren't your cup of tea, then I hope you can find your Husker excitement somewhere else! There are always some Kool-Aid, future fantasy threads roaming around that you can latch onto.

Happy Hunting!

:Wave:

I would still reserve my excitement for the day they contributed something on the field.

Can ya dig it!?

Yes, Scott Frost took a guy that got booted from Clemson's class for academic reasons, and booted from Marylands class for academic reasons, and wasn't allowed to visit Ole Miss for academic reasons to inflate his class. If the kid qualifies even better. The reason he did this is because there were people upset when he had four star kids decommit from UCF when they got better offers.

Booted for academic reasons? Never heard that before. Do you have a link?

I hope you are not starting rumors again!

:mad:

Last edited:

I mean, you can't make it up.

"I do not much care about 4* recruits"

"WHOA LOOK AT THEM 4* RECRUITS!!!"

Putting words in my mouth again. "Whoa look at them 4* recruits." Really.. I said that?

I acknowledge that 4* recruits can be a good thing. I never said they are a bad thing. I only said that I don't get excited about them.

It's true!

:nod:

Last edited:

Anyone who followed Cordarrian is talking about him needing JUCO to get his s*** it one stack. Damn rumor mongers. Hard to get your academic affairs in order with only 3 months of school left. Without him still a solid class, just not top 60.

Last edited:

He's in love, leave the poor dumb bastard alone already.... :Lol:

Last edited:

Anyone who followed Cordarrian is talking about him needing JUCO to get his s*** it one stack. Damn rumor mongers. Hard to get your academic affairs in order with only 3 months of school left. Without him still a solid class, just not top 60.

Schools offer academically challenged students all the time. UNL included.

But *** is starting rumors. Two of them...

1. He said that Old Miss, Clemson and Maryland pulled their offers to Cordarrian because of his academic issues. That is not a fact. He has no evidence that happened. It is just another *** rumor. The young man may have academic issues, but there are no reports that anyone pulled their scholarship offers to him. That is just some typical *** baloney.

2. *** said that SF offered Cordarrian and accepted his LOI to boost publicity for UCF. That is a total rumor...and one that is very ridiculous. I am sure *** has no evidence to back that up, either.

According to this article Cordarrian decommitted from Clemson on 23 December (it was his decision not Clemson's). I could not find any report where Clemson or anyone else pulled their offers to him. I am still waiting for *** to find one for us (but I am not holding my breath).

http://www.thescore.com/news/1191435

*** should get a job as a paTROLLman

Last edited:

Pretty sure Scott Frost was the guy in the car next to me at a stop light today.

That is all.

1. He said that Old Miss, Clemson and Maryland pulled their offers to Cordarrian because of his academic issues. That is not a fact. He has no evidence that happened. It is just another *** rumor. The young man may have academic issues, but there are no reports that anyone pulled their scholarship offers to him. That is just some typical *** baloney.

2. *** said that SF offered Cordarrian and accepted his LOI to boost publicity for UCF. That is a total rumor...and one that is very ridiculous. I am sure *** has no evidence to back that up, either.

According to this article Cordarrian decommitted from Clemson on 23 December (it was his decision not Clemson's). I could not find any report where Clemson or anyone else pulled their offers to him. I am still waiting for *** to find one for us (but I am not holding my breath).

When ***'s "baloney" aligned with your wild suppositions you couldn't quote him fast enough.

C

Do ya feel as if ya vindicated yerseff there Paramus? Also, the article not withstanding, could it be that Clemson allowed the young man to decommit so as not to embarrass him?

Also, there is nothing in the mini article to state either way.... here is the whole thing....
Clemson's 2017 recruiting class took a hit on Friday, as four-star running back Cordarrian Richardson announced he was decommitting from the Tigers.

The 6-foot, 240-pounder is ranked as the 21st-best running back in the class of 2017, and is listed as the 228th overall prospect on the ESPN 300.

Richardson originally committed to Clemson in March, and said he still considers the Tigers among the finalists for his services next season. Other schools that have offered Richardson a scholarship include Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Michigan, LSU, and Oklahoma.

Last edited:
There are obviously academic concerns with Cordarrian. Heck, there are academic concerns with his high school in general. They even forfeited games amid concerns of fixing grades for players.

There's a reason schools backed off of him.

There are obviously academic concerns with Cordarrian. Heck, there are academic concerns with his high school in general. They even forfeited games amid concerns of fixing grades for players.

See, Corpus, you're going to make his head explode with this crazy talk.....

Really?... Where is the evidence that any schools backed off of him?

Still waiting.

Clemson only handed out 14 scholarships in their 2016 class. They could easily afford to offer an academic risk. They had no good reason to back off on this guy. It is most likely they didn't, and that's why nobody (including you) can offer us any evidence that they did.

This thread is about recognizing the accomplishments of a former Husker. SF landed the #1 recruiting class in the Go5...and it is not a rumor. It is a significant accomplishment just like former Husker Mickey Joseph getting a coaching job, or VV playing in the Super bowl, but nothing on the HuskerMax front page about it.

There should be.

Last edited:

When ***'s "baloney" aligned with your wild suppositions you couldn't quote him fast enough.
C

Yep, I used to think that guy knew what he was talking about. I learned my lesson.

What he's said in this thread reinforces that lesson.

He likes to dream things up. I am with you now Solesrfr. *** statements have to be taken with a grain of salt...big grain of salt.

According to ***, the only reason UCF took Cordarrian is because many P5 schools poached the good, under the radar players UCF identified, and they needed to appease the disappointed UCF fans. They offered him primarily for publicity reasons.

o_O

But according the Ryan Held, the UCF RB's coach, they offered Cordarrian because he is talented and they wanted a big back for diversity.

So who are you going to believe...Ryan Held or ***?

I choose Ryan Held hands down!

:thumbsup:

Cordarrian is a very talented young man," Held said. "It was kind of a crazy venture to get him signed up, but we ended up getting it done. Coach (Sean) Beckton and myself and all the others worked very hard to get him.

Being a bigger back, that was a point of emphasis for us to get some diversity in the back field and in my room. He brings that to the table. We beat a lot of people.

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/held-2017-class-will-help-ucf-get-back-to-the-top-

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back