• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost and the transfer portal

Van Brownson? That’s your comparison you want to run with? A guy who was in a neck and neck battle to start through nearly all his varsity years, who is in the Huskers Hall of Fame and drafted into the NFL, that’s the guy you point to as an example of Bob Devaney not being afraid to go to the bench? Do you think all our coaches have had that kind of luxury? Or should we ask Zac Taylor, Taylor Martinez, Brook Berringer, Turner Gill, or Eric Crouch if they were feeling close to 100% when their coaches trotted them out.
The point wasn’t Van Brownson, the point was who might be available in the portal, and how the Brownson/Tagge competition couldn’t happen these days, one of them would’ve hit the portal probably before ‘70.

The point wasn’t Van Brownson, the point was who might be available in the portal, and how the Brownson/Tagge competition couldn’t happen these days, one of them would’ve hit the portal probably before ‘70.
I misunderstood. And you are spot on, it’s rare we see 2 guys willing to share the load.

Yes the point i was making is people buried on SF depth chart turned out to be clearly better. Ie why couldn't LS do the same?
Yes I suppose he could, I just don’t believe it and apparently neither does the coaching staff.

Yes I suppose he could, I just don’t believe it and apparently neither does the coaching staff.

I am not saying that he is. But earlier in the year I made a thread (you can look it up but I cannot remember what it was called), stating that based on limited evidence certain players clearly seemed better. Then, it turned out these players became starters for various reasons and that I was correct. At least in the case of four of them. One of those players I listed was LS. I see LS as having a higher floor than AM, but a lower ceiling. AM is an elite athlete but his floor has been the only real real thing he constantly hits.

From what we saw of LS we saw someone who actually made really good decisions in both the run game and passing game. He also threw people open as opposed to needing them to be wide open to release the ball. I even noted in the spring game we saw instances where AM's squad (the starters going against the #2), had hiccups because of AM. For example when he threw the ball backwards. If you can recall, LS's team won. AM's starters had several drives where the only way they scored was by making key 4th downs..... against the 2nd team defense.

I don't expect LS to go in and beat Ohio State. But I think the time for AM is over. The only thing he has proven to be is a QB who just doesnt win.

What if Scott enters the transfer portal? Who would pick him up? ;)

10564125.png

If we're looking for a QB to come in and challenge Martinez, I see TCU fired their coach, I wonder if because of that a certain QB might want to move closer to home.

To be honest, I like us using the transfer portal for players from smaller schools. They seem to be late bloomers who were truly underrated coming out of high school. Sometimes the guys from larger schools, often appear to have been overrated.

To be honest, I like us using the transfer portal for players from smaller schools. They seem to be late bloomers who were truly underrated coming out of high school. Sometimes the guys from larger schools, often appear to have been overrated.
Like tOSU transfer Johnson at DB. Or, they are head cases, job hoppers, or malcontents.

I’d take 10 guys like Toure.

If we're looking for a QB to come in and challenge Martinez, I see TCU fired their coach, I wonder if because of that a certain QB might want to move closer to home.
Is he getting any playing time at TCU. I stopped follow what he’s doing.

Is he getting any playing time at TCU. I stopped follow what he’s doing.

Three year starter

Highly doubtful he leaves

Reactions: jtf

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back