• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Satterfield

And a great back up qb, five starting rbs instead of three, eight or more starting wrs in case some quit or get injured.
But besides that, who knows?
...yet most folks laughed when I started that thread a few weeks back about needing multiple QBs from the portal this offseason. Not just one; maybe not even two. We supposedly are one of the tops for NIL, so we need to utilize it to the maximum degree. This is the new age of college football and we have to adapt or we'll get left behind.

...yet most folks laughed when I started that thread a few weeks back about needing multiple QBs from the portal this offseason. Not just one; maybe not even two. We supposedly are one of the tops for NIL, so we need to utilize it to the maximum degree. This is the new age of college football and we have to adapt or we'll get left behind.
You never want more than 4. We may get there if everyone returns.

I don't care if we sign 5 portal QB's.

I would just like to see a competent QB behind a line that resembles an offensive line

There are multiple facets to our incompetence.

Jeez we look like a peewee team whenever we get the ball. After getting stuffed in the middle for God knows how many times, Satterfield just kept right on calling those between the tackle handoffs for 1 yard.

We don't have a passing threat, so until we recruit better QBs it's on the OC to make something happen with the current roster. Our entire playbook seems to be Haarberg run, Grant up the middle, slant throw to Kemp. Rinse and repeat.
It was 1 yard and a cloud of dust gameplay between the guard/center. Michigan was WAY too big up front to try that, I’m surprised we thought we could blast Michigan upfront and be successful.

We now have a measuring stick against some of the best. If our guys aren't interested in getting better its on them.
I'm taking the Foreman approach here as I see it fitting.

We now have a measuring stick against some of the best. If our guys aren't interested in getting better its on them.
I'm taking the Foreman approach here as I see it fitting.

I don't give a damn about Colorado, but word is that at halftime of the Colorado/USC game,

Deion asked his players to respond or sit
The freshman wide receiver, Omarion Miller, apparently took it to heart and responded.

Almost, resulted in a dramatic come from behind victory.

Weed out the casually interested, and bring in those who desire to compete...with necessary skill set.

Project athletes are killing us.

I don't give a damn about Colorado, but word is that at halftime of the Colorado/USC game,

Deion asked his players to respond or sit
The freshman wide receiver, Omarion Miller, apparently took it to heart and responded.

Almost, resulted in a dramatic come from behind victory.

Weed out the casually interested, and bring in those who desire to compete...with necessary skill set.

Project athletes are killing us.
Inheriting a team takes time. Who's still going all out with the process? Who steps up even more?
We're taking probably 30 recruits this year, we don't have 30 seniors.

Its not MRs first rodeo.

I don't understand the complaints about running the ball. Sure, the calls themselves have lacked some creativity, but I'd hardly say that 12 total carries by players not named Heinrich Haarberg is too much.

The fact is that we actually should probably run the ball even more. We should be comfortable gaining 2, 3, 4 yards per carry early in the game. Offenses seem to think they need to hit a home run every single play, and they panic at 2nd and 8.

I don't understand the complaints about running the ball. Sure, the calls themselves have lacked some creativity, but I'd hardly say that 12 total carries by players not named Heinrich Haarberg is too much.

The fact is that we actually should probably run the ball even more. We should be comfortable gaining 2, 3, 4 yards per carry early in the game. Offenses seem to think they need to hit a home run every single play, and they panic at 2nd and 8.
We were running it two to one. We threw it more against Michigan.
We'll get back to it, and maybe even throw better too

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back