• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Satterfield

That’s why evaluating talent is key. With the portal players that Rhule and company brought in. Who stands out? Sims is a perfect example his record didn’t warrant taking him over Ct not in a rebuild year anyways
Kemp? He was a good get. CT would be out sooner than he was. Having a dual threat qb is not CT.
We could have gone out and recruited three more wrs from the portal and kept CT and tried to throw instead of run with out line....
No, we need dual threat until we dont

Last edited:

Kemp? He was a good get. CT would be out sooner than he was. Having a dual threat qb is not CT.
We could have gone out and recruited three more wrs from the portal and kept CT and tried to throw instead of run with out line....
No, we need dual threat until we dont
So one player. Again evaluating talent is a question mark for me.

27-28 recruits 14 I believe came in also from the portal. So let’s say 42 players. Where are they

27-28 recruits 14 I believe came in also from the portal. So let’s say 42 players. Where are they

Seemed to me that the majority of the offseason was spent finding defensive players and, for the most part, that side of the ball has held up well this season. Their big offensive move was bringing in Sims (FAIL) and Kemp (meh - success) so I expect the emphasis this coming offseason will be loading up on offensive talent. It hasn't even been 1 full season, we're down our top 2 RBs, and we had a bunch of receivers quit/get hurt before the season even started. I'm not ready to throw Satt out yet.

Rhule is going to give Satterfield a very long leash because that's his boy. He's been with him throughout his career and the only way I see Satterfield ever being shown the door is if Trev forces Rhule's hand.
Well since you say he was so bad or not calling the plays at SC whoever they hired for this year really sucks and Rattler is not getting any better either which he did improve throughout last season

They are all over pops. Mostly on D, but the TE was literally a bust, our lbs have been playing, as has our rush ends, our center has been playing, Kemps been playing.

Seemed to me that the majority of the offseason was spent finding defensive players and, for the most part, that side of the ball has held up well this season. Their big offensive move was bringing in Sims (FAIL) and Kemp (meh - success) so I expect the emphasis this coming offseason will be loading up on offensive talent. It hasn't even been 1 full season, we're down our top 2 RBs, and we had a bunch of receivers quit/get hurt before the season even started. I'm not ready to throw Satt out yet.
Don't forget the 5 O linemen babies as well. Too early for them.

Going through the list, Ortiz is playing, Knaak is playing, Collier has played, Borders, Fleeks etc. All have played, and some just for depth, which we need.
So all the transfers are playing some or starting most of the time.
But Cam, Prince, Van Poppel, almost all the HS recruits have played except some O linemen to my knowledge and maybe one or two more. As for HS recruits

Last edited:

Listen it was a bad close to a pretty good series. The play call was awful if it was not a jump pass. I am sure if it was Rhule is keeping it in his pocket.

I saw some new plays that will work if our o line can get push. Toss sweep, inside scissors to both Bonner and Kemp. Reverse option with inside scissor shovel pass and Kemp outside pitch.

It was Michigan folks. Not making excuses but after the sidearm (I frickin hate it) interception it was game over

Bottom line is, we'll never know if Satterfield is the problem or not until we have a legit QB and OL. Surely Rhule recognizes that he'll have to utilize the portal in a huge way this offseason. Kaelin isn't going to start from Day 1 and in my opinion might never be the starter here. We have to get higher-caliber players if we ever want to play with the big boys.

Bottom line is, we'll never know if Satterfield is the problem or not until we have a legit QB and OL. Surely Rhule recognizes that he'll have to utilize the portal in a huge way this offseason. Kaelin isn't going to start from Day 1 and in my opinion might never be the starter here. We have to get higher-caliber players if we ever want to play with the big boys.
And a great back up qb, five starting rbs instead of three, eight or more starting wrs in case some quit or get injured.
But besides that, who knows?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back