• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

S&C program...is it good enough?

There has to be more than just an expectation to use the facilities. If we just put it out there and leave the responsibility on the players they won't get maximized.
Player leadership should come to the front. Yes, there has to be some monitoring and teaching in the S&C program. But the players are the ones who have to put in the effort. You can lead them to the weight room, but you cannot make them work hard. That is up to them. They cannot just go through the motions. They have to take it upon themselves to do the extra effort in order to be at the top of their game.

On a similar vein, it would be interesting to look back at the attrition rate of 4 star prospects in the program. It feels like we lose a lot.

I'm not interested in feelz, feelz is what has fans running around claiming we can't win here with this talent after firing a staff for winning 9 games/year with it. My outlandish expectations are: field a better product than the previous staff did with this talent and win the West and improve recruiting to win the B1G.

Again, here is what we started against TN on the OL
LT- 4*
LG- 3*/4* depending on who you are asking
C- walk on who beat out Mountain West all conference honorable mention 4* and 3*
RG- 4*
RT- walk on who beat out a 4* and 3*, feel free to check out the offer list of 3* Christian Gaylord

While we had those injuries at OG, we also had #1 OG 4* Jalin Barnett warming the bench. No redshirt burning required.

I'm not interested in feelz, feelz is what has fans running around claiming we can't win here with this talent after firing a staff for winning 9 games/year with it. My outlandish expectations are: field a better product than the previous staff did with this talent and win the West and improve recruiting to win the B1G.

Again, here is what we started against TN on the OL
LT- 4*
LG- 3*/4* depending on who you are asking
C- walk on who beat out Mountain West all conference honorable mention 4* and 3*
RG- 4*
RT- walk on who beat out a 4* and 3*, feel free to check out the offer list of 3* Christian Gaylord

While we had those injuries at OG, we also had #1 OG 4* Jalin Barnett warming the bench. No redshirt burning required.

Quit being obnoxious. If you are this bent out of shape, maybe it is time to close the computer for a while.

I want the same things you do, but what I don't want is to just kick another staff to the curb before they have a chance to succeed. We are such a spoiled brat fan base.

The staff has to have a chance to build the program. The fact remains is that they didn't take over a program at the top of its game and it still isn't at the top of its game. The same problems that plagued the team with the last staff are still present.

They have to develop a culture, recruit the players, and develop them to the best of their ability. Year 2 is too early to make any grand proclamations about anything, no matter how smart some people think they are.

Whatever the star rating is of our starters on the line, they stunk this year. Bottom line.

Quit being obnoxious. If you are this bent out of shape, maybe it is time to close the computer for a while.

I want the same things you do, but what I don't want is to just kick another staff to the curb before they have a chance to succeed. We are such a spoiled brat fan base.

The staff has to have a chance to build the program. The fact remains is that they didn't take over a program at the top of its game and it still isn't at the top of its game. The same problems that plagued the team with the last staff are still present.

They have to develop a culture, recruit the players, and develop them to the best of their ability. Year 2 is too early to make any grand proclamations about anything, no matter how smart some people think they are.

Whatever the star rating is of our starters on the line, they stunk this year. Bottom line.
I don't understand why people think we are a spoiled fan base because we think 9 wins per year is unacceptable? Yes it is just a game but football is life or death to a lot of Nebraska fans. I think it isn't too much to ask that we have a legitimate chance to win everytime we step on the field.

Obnoxious? The only one here bent out of shape is you, you are rambling on about nothing and making things up. You'll have to excuse me for bringing objective reality into the discussion. Please point to where I have made any grand proclamations. All I have said is we have the talent to win the West, if that is a "grand proclamation" then we may be in trouble.

Obnoxious? The only one here bent out of shape is you, you are rambling on about nothing and making things up. You'll have to excuse me for bringing objective reality into the discussion. Please point to where I have made any grand proclamations. All I have said is we have the talent to win the West, if that is a "grand proclamation" then we may be in trouble.
Yeah, I think maybe Cube thought he was responding to a different post? I didn't see anything in your post to warrant the kind of response he gave.

Only 1 play from it this year, so "yeah," but the division is poor and we need much better talent to compete at the level we want to. With the flushing of this years senior class and pulling in another class and some redshirts, we should improve our talent level so that we are a bit ahead of any West division team. We'll still likely be a bit young to contend for the natty, but another class or two will likely get us to that level.

Last edited:
FYI. 15727045_1367235986668863_883949246384139288_n.jpg
15727045_1367235986668863_883949246384139288_n.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Was that been recently professed or was that known all along?
I just know MP wants to run the program his way with how Riley and company have deemed efficient for what they want to do. There's a fine line between helping because you are so knowledgeable and a S&C legend, and inserting yourself unnecessarily and too many times.

I am just asking the question, it could be other things like practice as you suggest. That said, you are being way over-protective of Philipp. You say we're trying to correct 7 years of failure. Guess what? None of the players have been in the program 7 years...and, more importantly it does not take long to turn around an S&C program, definitely not years. I'd like to see the numbers, because what we see right now on the field tells me there are issues. If it is not the S&C then their index numbers should improve dramatically from last year. I'm not sure the S&C is a problem, but they are definitely high on the suspect list.
This statement shows extreme ignorance on your part. Completely remaking bodies to truly be at a competitive level takes more than a year. This is why OL in the TO era did not usually play until their RS Soph, or JR year. The only way to shorten that time is to use chemical assistance. Which last time I checked is illegal.

I just know MP wants to run the program his way with how Riley and company have deemed efficient for what they want to do. There's a fine line between helping because you are so knowledgeable and a S&C legend, and inserting yourself unnecessarily and too many times.

Too many cooks...

This statement shows extreme ignorance on your part. Completely remaking bodies to truly be at a competitive level takes more than a year. This is why OL in the TO era did not usually play until their RS Soph, or JR year. The only way to shorten that time is to use chemical assistance. Which last time I checked is illegal.
He's had 2 years, or did you forget? More tripe from you...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back