• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roster Talent

You do want to get backups some reps to prepare in case there is a freak injury. And you are smart to do it at times for the benefit of the the starter's health.

When your star sophomore was tanking and dragging down the team, that was a good time to put Vedral in. Not only were his miscues preventable, Martinez was taking brutal hits from bad choices. We probably could have won at least two more games. But we waited for Martinez to finally get broken from making repeated bad decisions. You do not leave a guy out there when he is floundering. This is already known to be a game where making one mistake can cost your long term health.

Obviously the staff knows more about the capabilities of the individuals on this roster than do you or I.

I’ll leave it at that.

So where are all these transfers going? We’ve lossed a lot more transfers then we’ve added. If everyone else is losing the same number of players then where are they all ending up?
We totally flipped the roster. Yes other teams have attrition but no way is every team losing 70% of their last three recruiting classes.

We totally flipped the roster. Yes other teams have attrition but no way is every team losing 70% of their last three recruiting classes.
But we are losing a significant portion of Frost's own recruits ... albeit his hastily put together first year recruits ... but still why are "his" guys leaving at a pace as fast if not faster than his holdovers?

But we are losing a significant portion of Frost's own recruits ... albeit his hastily put together first year recruits ... but still why are "his" guys leaving at a pace as fast if not faster than his holdovers?

Valid question and something I’ve been wondering.

The class was ‘hastily put together’ so the potential that it could fall apart has always been there, but it seems worse than I’d have expected. Not sure what the answer is here.

I wish I had that answer. It’s been bothering me also.

Certainly a negative for us and makes us extremely young. Not sure we needed to go to the extreme we did, but we are in that spot now. Guys like Klieman, Edwards, Dykes, Cristobal, and Mullen (to name a few) went a different route and are thriving. He needs to start keeping his guys though, if he continues the 2018 class trend it won't be pretty. 2020 class struggling pretty mightily right now as well, with only Illinois and Rutgers having fewer commits than us. Year 2 is where you need to see the vision that you were speaking to on the recruiting trail happening. They need to avoid blowouts to Wisconsin and Iowa.

I wish I had that answer. It’s been bothering me also
Certainly a negative for us and makes us extremely young. Not sure we needed to go to the extreme we did, but we are in that spot now. Guys like Klieman, Edwards, Dykes, Cristobal, and Mullen (to name a few) went a different route and are thriving. He needs to start keeping his guys though, if he continues the 2018 class trend it won't be pretty. 2020 class struggling pretty mightily right now as well, with only Illinois and Rutgers having fewer commits than us. Year 2 is where you need to see the vision that you were speaking to on the recruiting trail happening. They need to avoid blowouts to Wisconsin and Iowa.
Totally off topic but they just said on 1620 Hickman was moving to WR. Do you think this is a good move for him?

Totally off topic but they just said on 1620 Hickman was moving to WR. Do you think this is a good move for him?
Wow...interesting. I know the coaches love his blocking ability, which we lack on the outside with the exception of Warner. He's really athletic, but slow from a wideout perspective (I believe he ran an electronically timed 4.8 40). Not sure how much he's improved his measurables since arriving in Lincoln.

I think he is for now. He is our best blocker out wide and he has no shot at playing TE right now with how skinny he is. I don't think he's fast enough long term there but he can be a big body to help the screen games that Frost likes to run.

Interesting about Hickman -- he's on the depth chart this week also at WR, behind Robinson and Warner at one WR slot.

My thinking is that it's good. I like having a big WR out in the routes and presenting a matchup problem with the CB's. Add in that he can go tight and block and you have another thing for defenses to think about.

Valid question and something I’ve been wondering.

The class was ‘hastily put together’ so the potential that it could fall apart has always been there, but it seems worse than I’d have expected. Not sure what the answer is here.
Definitely concerning but not a trend I’ll be worried about unless it starts to happen with the 2019 class.

Given that we have exactly zero big bodied WR’s maybe should have done this in fall camp. I think he was still rehabbing so, probably moot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back