• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roster Talent

giphy.gif

I can see you're one that blames everyone else for moving too slow. Don't worry, dude, there is plenty of time to answer. So far you really seem focused on me, but still fall short on etiquette. Once again, you write an essay.

Last edited:

About last year, even though the team played better, it still only won four games and I didn’t think those wins were THAT impressive (Minnesota was only halfway decent team, as Michigan State had an awful offense and it was horrible weather that game). So I don’t know why expectations were so sky high for this year, especially losing Ozigbo, Morgan and many OL starters. Any rational person could have surmised that this was still an average team at best. Too many people had blinders on regarding the team and it’s talent. Granted, the development from this coaching staff seems nonexistent to me in year two, which is extremely disappointing. I still think we can really only evaluate how well SF is doing once his 2nd class is in their Sr year. I’m just looking for better play than we’ve seen over each year. Haven’t seen that yet, but I still think SF was dealt a pretty bad hand with the players and poor condition that MR left the team. Weak and okay with losing. Not a winning culture
So when you say development, are you assuming Frost & staff sat down and assayed what they have versus what every other team returns?

So when you say development, are you assuming Frost & staff sat down and assayed what they have versus what every other team returns?
No idea what you’re saying in your post. I don’t care what any other teams return though as all that matters is who the Huskers return. SF can’t change and shouldn’t care who returns on opponents teams though IMO. His only focus should be on what he can control and that is who returns on the Husker team.

No idea what you’re saying in your post. I don’t care what any other teams return though as all that matters is who the Huskers return. SF can’t change and shouldn’t care who returns on opponents teams though IMO. His only focus should be on what he can control and that is who returns on the Husker team.
So when he plans out 'needs' then it is all guesswork how your talent stacks up to the rest of the league in your opinion? I really am curious of your answer, because you probably have the same understanding as the majority of the public.

Tom Osborne knew OU had certain skill players on offense and defense. He seemed to put considerable energy into forethought on these matters. I know it is important to me. I've always assumed the better coaches did it, too.

Last edited:

I can see you're one that blames everyone else for moving too slow. Don't worry, dude, there is plenty of time to answer. So far you really seem focused on me, but still fall short on etiquette. Once again, you write an essay.
More hyperbolic ad hominem.
You are making things up again. Your penchant for dishonesty is not good forum etiquette.

I already know there's plenty of time to answer, because i never expected you to answer in the first place, and you have proven me correct. You implied that you would if i dumbed down the questions for you, and instead of being honest, you dodged, ducked, dipped, dived, and dodged. But i forgive you, because i never expected you to demonstrate any integrity and acknowledge the rampant hypocrisy and dishonesty in your posts.

I'm sure you will DDDDD again make excuses and blame others for your failures to comprehend and follow through, but here are the questions you asked for, again, and have been shortened and dumbed-down even further.

2. When you said, "I get the impression that they want to play the same guys until they break", was that hyperbolic or nah?

3. If #2 was hyperbolic, why do you and your wingman seem to be upset with me calling it hyperbolic?

4. Please, clarify why you think think SF is trying to break his players.

Once again, I don't expect you to answer the questions honestly and sincerely. In fact, I don't expect you to answer them at all, because that would require you to acknowledge your hypocrisy and comprehension failures.
I really think you should tone it down.

Those aren't questions, Those are insults looking for validation. Grow up.

Those aren't questions, Those are insults looking for validation. Grow up.
They are questions that you clearly asked for.
quid pro quo

If you are unable or unwilling to answer inconvenient questions that would force you to walk back your previous statements, and perhaps cause you to do some introspection, than that is on you.
Don't blame others for your issues.
Tone it down.

The only time you do it is when you have too...and that's not a good thing.
You do want to get backups some reps to prepare in case there is a freak injury. And you are smart to do it at times for the benefit of the the starter's health.

When your star sophomore was tanking and dragging down the team, that was a good time to put Vedral in. Not only were his miscues preventable, Martinez was taking brutal hits from bad choices. We probably could have won at least two more games. But we waited for Martinez to finally get broken from making repeated bad decisions. You do not leave a guy out there when he is floundering. This is already known to be a game where making one mistake can cost your long term health.

They are questions that you clearly asked for.
quid pro quo

If you are unable or unwilling to answer inconvenient questions that would force you to walk back your previous statements, and perhaps cause you to do some introspection, than that is on you.
Don't blame others for your issues.
Tone it down.
You have yet to ask questions. They are not inconvenient, they are proof that you are being poorly behaved. Grow up.

You have yet to ask questions. They are not inconvenient, they are proof that you are being poorly behaved. Grow up.
Wrong.
They are questions, and they are questioning the ad hominem rhetorical commentary you make about other posters and SF and his staff.
I understand if you are unwilling to walk them back, or unable to back them up.
It is probably very embarrassing for you.

Last edited:

You do want to get backups some reps to prepare in case there is a freak injury. And you are smart to do it at times for the benefit of the the starter's health.

When your star sophomore was tanking and dragging down the team, that was a good time to put Vedral in. Not only were his miscues preventable, Martinez was taking brutal hits from bad choices. We probably could have won at least two more games. But we waited for Martinez to finally get broken from making repeated bad decisions. You do not leave a guy out there when he is floundering. This is already known to be a game where making one mistake can cost your long term health.

The staff is too apathetic to make a change. Or something.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back