• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roster Talent

How is he not developing depth? You're making a lot of assumptions. Playing some older players and trying to bring in JUCO's doesn't mean that they aren't developing depth on the roster. I wrote about the OL and DL a while ago and it's clear they are doing everything they can to build those positions for the future. It's also clear they have depth at the QB position for the future as well - even if Martinez continues playing at this level, we have options.
The depth at QB was forced upon them, just like the few rotations going on in the OL. I get the impression that they want to play the same guys until they break.

The depth at QB was forced upon them, just like the few rotations going on in the OL. I get the impression that they want to play the same guys until they break.
forced upon them?

And how did you infer that hyperbolic impression?

Last edited:
hyperbolic impression
I do not understand why people can not have an opinion. I think that QB is not fixed with AM at the helm and I wonder if OZ and Morgan made him look better than he was? Those are words of Rob Zatechka. So I am not sure other people are not seeing the same thing. Maybe AM did not regress and that is all he has to offer?

I do not understand why people can not have an opinion. I think that QB is not fixed with AM at the helm and I wonder if OZ and Morgan made him look better than he was? Those are words of Rob Zatechka. So I am not sure other people are not seeing the same thing. Maybe AM did not regress and that is all he has to offer?
Huh?
where is this coming from?
Am i not allowed to have one?

Last edited:
Im
Just hoping next year all
Of this is moot. Hoping frost and staff get it together and start brining wins. At the very least make a bowl game and positive momentum going into year four.

huh?

tone what down?
Your hyperbolic impression, duh.
Huh?
where is this coming from?
Am i not allowed to have one?
You're allowed to disagree, but using provocative language directed at another person to try to win is a losing path towards (more like avoiding the goal of) winning an argument. Show some forum etiquette and I'll gladly return it.

Last edited:

Your hyperbolic impression, duh.

You're allowed to disagree, but using provocative language directed at another person to try to win is a losing path towards winning an argument. Show some forum etiquette and I'll gladly return it.
"duh"?
better tone it down...

So when you used the provocative language, "I get the impression that they want to play the same guys until they break."....that wasn't hyperbolic? You meant that LITERALLY?
You literally think the coaches want to break them?
Let me guess...if the opposite was happening, would you be complaining that they aren't getting enough experience?
Because it sounds like they aren't getting the amount of reps the coaches want in practice.

Show some forum etiquette
You are aware of the immense hypocrisy you are showing with this demand, are you not?

Are we to assume then that you are done with you personal attacks, your dubious claims of personal attacks by others, and your frequent mischaracterization and belittling of those who don't agree with you?

Some people just do not get the word 'hypocrisy' and then LITERALLY write an essay proving how hypocritical they are.

Some people just do not get the word 'hypocrisy' and then LITERALLY write an essay proving how hypocritical they are.
"LITERALLY write an essay"
better tone it down...

Can you clarify how you think I don't understand the word 'hypocrisy'? Because i can prove yours if you've forgotten.
Or is this just another one of your dubious claims that you can't back up.

You didn't answer my previous question...i'm trying to have a conversation with you but you keep changing the subject.

When you said:
I get the impression that they want to play the same guys until they break.
I got the impression that you were being hyperbolic.
But you and and your wingman seem to telling me that's incorrect.
Thus, you must have meant that literally if it wasn't hyperbolic.

Please, clarify why you think think SF is trying to break his players.
It seems like with a depleted roster, a dearth of talent, a plethora of inexperience, and insufficient reps available in practice, he doesn't have much choice.

Can you clarify what you are asking? You can save me a ton of time by picking specific questions you would like answered from your essay.

Can you clarify what you are asking? You can save me a ton of time by picking specific questions you would like answered from your essay.
Sure! Even though I've already asked you 3 times, I can type slower and be even more explicit. Some people need crutches; nothing to be ashamed of.
Or were you just being flippant? If the latter, better tone it down...

1. Did you suddenly forget how to use the quote function?

2. When you said, "I get the impression that they want to play the same guys until they break", was that hyperbolic or nah?

3. If #2 was hyperbolic, why do you and your wingman seem to be upset with me calling it hyperbolic?

Please, clarify why you think think SF is trying to break his players.

Okay, that last one didn't literally have a question mark at the end, so I understand your confusion/avoidance.

Here, I have an extra one ---> "?"

I don't want to overwhelm you, so I'll stop at 4 for now...

Last edited:
giphy.gif

About last year, even though the team played better, it still only won four games and I didn’t think those wins were THAT impressive (Minny was only halfway decent team, as MichSt had an awful offense and it was horrible weather that game). So I don’t know why expectations were so sky high for this year, especially losing Ozigbo, Morgan and many OL starters. Any rational person could have surmised that this was still an average team at best. Too many people had blinders on regarding the team and it’s talent. Granted, the development from this coaching staff seems nonexistent to me in year two, which is extremely disappointing. I still think we can really only evaluate how well SF is doing once his 2nd class is in their Sr year. I’m just looking for better play than we’ve seen over each year. Haven’t seen that yet, but I still think SF was dealt a pretty bad hand with the players and poor condition that MR left the team. Weak and ok with losing. Not a winning culture

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back