• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley's Vision at Nebraska Coming Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but ..... not once breaking Top 25 rankings on all 2017 way-too-early-predictions.

Sportingnews, CBSSports, SI, ESPN, Athlon, Bleacher, etc., etc., etc.

While I do think Riley's vision is just starting now due to having QB's that better fit his paradigm for that position, I don't expect great results just yet. Reason being is that this is still not 100% all of Riley's players. Once the players are all of his, then I'll consider the team to be his vision. Remember how much the Huskers were the first couple of Bo's years when he had the players that were recruited by Calahan? Once the team turned over to be totally Bo's recruits was when you saw his true vision and recruiting skill. Some was good, of course. But not up to the 1st few years level due to Calahan's players, IMO,

I'm anxious to see how a team completely full of HCMR's players does. That's why I say that you have to look at a coach performance once the entire roster is his own. Some of the weaknesses of this coming years team are a direct result of Pelini's subpar recruiting the last two years he was at Nebraska. Little depth. HCMR is still in a deficit because of that. Be wary of predicting greatness for this team. There's reasons why it is not in any Top 25 lists.

NO I think you misunderstood. I am saying his new nickname for you "No thrill" Thill. Borders as a personal attack on YOU. However it is a catchy nickname. I am not saying you made a personal attack on him.
Thill has much thicker skin than that

I was specifically asking SavageHusker, not you. We all know that you are "No thrill" Thill. The future might be pretty rough on you, no longer getting the excitement each season of figuring out where/when our 4th loss will come.
I have to give you credit. This made me lol. You have a rich fantasy life.

While I do think Riley's vision is just starting now due to having QB's that better fit his paradigm for that position, I don't expect great results just yet. Reason being is that this is still not 100% all of Riley's players. Once the players are all of his, then I'll consider the team to be his vision. Remember how much the Huskers were the first couple of Bo's years when he had the players that were recruited by Calahan? Once the team turned over to be totally Bo's recruits was when you saw his true vision and recruiting skill. Some was good, of course. But not up to the 1st few years level due to Calahan's players, IMO,

I'm anxious to see how a team completely full of HCMR's players does. That's why I say that you have to look at a coach performance once the entire roster is his own. Some of the weaknesses of this coming years team are a direct result of Pelini's subpar recruiting the last two years he was at Nebraska. Little depth. HCMR is still in a deficit because of that. Be wary of predicting greatness for this team. There's reasons why it is not in any Top 25 lists.
Uh, pointed out when Mike we hired that it would be four seasons before we could even begin to evaluate his work. Record is meaningless before 2019.

Meaningless? LOL...bookmarked in case of any 2017 or 2018 complaints from you.
Go back and take a look you'll find I've been very consistent about record. First thing I said was that Mike would get a full recruiting cycle (four years) before we could honestly evaluate him. Therefore record would be meaningless. If this experiment works (changing the culture of a program is not a small undertaking) we should win the conference in 2019.

What I like most about what I am seeing is that although Riley is bringing a new philosophy and new schemes, he's showing great respect for the traditions that we have here. He's embraced everything about the Nebraska program, from the fans to the blackshirts to the high expectations. He doesn't act like recruiting to Lincoln is a yoke around his neck. It's what makes him different from our past two coaching failures and why any comparisons to either of those coaches is misplaced. He's not abandoning his offensive philosophy or his approach to the game, but he's also molding it what was already great about the program.

I want this to be true. I think it probably is true.

It's results on the field that matter. GBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back