• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley's Vision at Nebraska Coming Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR is a very good recruiter. He will provide a stiff challenge for PJ Fleck. But we need to consider some famous quotes....

"I can remember loving to recruit. I knew I was going to do my best. But traveling and recruiting doesn't appeal to me any more. It's not as much fun as it used to be."

Bear Bryant

"The thing that drives most coaches out of coaching in college is they get tired of the grind of recruiting."

Bobby Bowden

"Recruiting is a competition and you can't declare a winner until the final gun has sounded 03 February"

Paramus
Those guys didn't have the support staff that programs like NU have now. And the assistants do the heavy lifting.

Why do we have to go through this every spring and summer with you guys? ;)

Give it some time. Riley is a good recruiter, he's doing fine. But declaring him the best since Osborne based on seven 2018 commits, when it's really only four of them who are driving our high recruiting ranking, and one of those is in-state and the other three are at specific positions where Riley tends to crush it (WR and CB, same positions that housed four of our six top recruits from 2017), doesn't make sense. Give it some time.

Last edited:

Their last national title was 1960.

Exactly. When I was a pup and Nebraska won its first two national titles, we were just 10 years removed from Minnesota being a powerhouse. If I was the same age today, we would be 20 years removed from Nebraska winning a title.

Time flies when you're not having fun. :eek:

Give it some time. Riley is a good recruiter, he's doing fine. But declaring him the best since Osborne based on seven 2018 commits, when it's really only four of them who are driving our high recruiting ranking, and one of those is in-state and the other three are at specific positions where Riley tends to crush it (WR and CB, same positions that housed four of our six top recruits from 2017), doesn't make sense. Give it some time.

What doesn't make sense is telling fans to temper their enthusiasm and give it some time. Unchecked enthusiasm and a complete lack of patience is how fans roll. You don't have to go through anything with us. If it bothers you that people get excited about recruits, just stay out of recruiting threads. You are totally free to give it time and then come back and enlighten us 2 or 3 years down the road.

Last edited:
MR is a very good recruiter. He will provide a stiff challenge for PJ Fleck. But we need to consider some famous quotes....

"I can remember loving to recruit. I knew I was going to do my best. But traveling and recruiting doesn't appeal to me any more. It's not as much fun as it used to be."

Bear Bryant

"The thing that drives most coaches out of coaching in college is they get tired of the grind of recruiting."

Bobby Bowden

"Recruiting is a competition and you can't declare a winner until the final gun has sounded 03 February"

Paramus
Bryant was 69 and died the year he retired. Recruiting can't be too fun when you're dying. Bowden was 80 so the grind couldn't be too bad.
When Riley is 80 we'll see if the grind is too much. :nod:

Bear Bryant

Bobby Bowden

Paramus
Misogynistic people include their own quotes with those of famous people because it makes him feel good about himself.

Huskerthom

:Bananalazy: Sorry for getting excited about one of the, if not the, largest recruiting weekends in program history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back