• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Refs

Basketball used to be a game played by men as well…and the didn’t wear pads and helmets, and didn’t play on soft grass.

View attachment 100617
Fair enough. I was more making a comparison to today's basketball. But lets not pretend Basketball is that physical. The game used to be more physical. There is a reason there is such thing as "fouls" in basketball. On any given tackle football play there would be anywhere between 10 and 20 technical basketball fouls and possible ejections.

I'm completely fine with the human element.

But the refs in the B1G are really some of the worst I've seen. I've seen calls for and against the Huskers. Many many many bad calls.

What is needed is better training. No excuse for this level of sports.
And review with teeth.
Refs that don't learn from the training and perform up to standard get removed.
If they would simply do that, complaints about refs would fall by 80%.

I would assume that they training is pretty standard across all conferences but I can't say that for certain, and I am not disagreeing with you. I do suppose that there are some refs that are getting promoted to the big leagues because of who they know not how good they are, but that also is an assumption.

The one thing I know for certain is that it is easier for us as fans to sit back and watch on tv and have the hindsight to make the right call verses the guy/girl on the field. Not using that as an excuse just saying that maybe it just isn't as simple as it may seem.
I can understand a few difficult calls that on occasion are wrong. However what I can’t tolerate are instant replays that CLEARLY show the call should be reversed and it’s not? I’ve seen that happen way to many times and it’s super annoying. If officials can’t get it right using instant replay it makes me question the entire process.

I can understand a few difficult calls that on occasion are wrong. However what I can’t tolerate are instant replays that CLEARLY show the call should be reversed and it’s not? I’ve seen that happen way to many times and it’s super annoying. If officials can’t get it right using instant replay it makes me question the entire process.

Really don't have an answer except that I don't know for sure all the rules. I get what you are saying, but I just don't think it is a simple as "clearly be reversed" and its not. There has to be more to the story.

Really don't have an answer except that I don't know for sure all the rules. I get what you are saying, but I just don't think it is a simple as "clearly be reversed" and its not. There has to be more to the story.
I’m not talking about isolated incidents as that would not be worth ripping on. This has happened many times and I’ll wager many here have seen it like I have. As a matter of fact it happened a couple of times in Husker games! It was clearly the wrong call yet it wasn’t reversed with NO explanation other than TO BAD! lol....

We as fans certainly don’t know all the rules but most aren’t blind either! Years back OU was ROBBED by replay officals who absolutely were wrong and gave the ball to Oregon after a fumble. Of course they all applogized to OU which meant absolutely nothing.... yea the replay looked at it, saw it was OU’s ball and simply handed it over the Oregon. One of the most outragious wrong instant replay calls of all time. The entire officiating crew was actually suspended but of course the main ref just happened to be from Oregon. lol...

Bottom line for me is if on field calls are going to use INSTANT REPLAY they must get it right 100% of the time. If they can’t do that what’s the point of instant replay?

I'm completely fine with the human element.

But the refs in the B1G are really some of the worst I've seen. I've seen calls for and against the Huskers. Many many many bad calls.

What is needed is better training. No excuse for this level of sports.
Same here. I’ll add that there seems to be too many errors in favour of some specific teams in the big ten. If the errors were evenly distributed, then it wouldn’t be so obvious and egregious.

I’m not talking about isolated incidents as that would not be worth ripping on. This has happened many times and I’ll wager many here have seen it like I have. As a matter of fact it happened a couple of times in Husker games! It was clearly the wrong call yet it wasn’t reversed with NO explanation other than TO BAD! lol....

We as fans certainly don’t know all the rules but most aren’t blind either! Years back OU was ROBBED by replay officals who absolutely were wrong and gave the ball to Oregon after a fumble. Of course they all applogized to OU which meant absolutely nothing.... yea the replay looked at it, saw it was OU’s ball and simply handed it over the Oregon. One of the most outragious wrong instant replay calls of all time. The entire officiating crew was actually suspended but of course the main ref just happened to be from Oregon. lol...

Bottom line for me is if on field calls are going to use INSTANT REPLAY they must get it right 100% of the time. If they can’t do that what’s the point of instant replay?

No argument but what's the answer? Get better? Replay the Replay? They are human, with humans it's not going to be perfect. I think we all are frustrated.

If there is a call on the field, the options are 1) live with the call on the field with NO chance of getting it right and apologizing after the game for a mistake or 2) reviewing it and possibly getting it right and apologizing for a mistake after the game. I guess if there is a chance it might get corrected, faults and all, I guess replay is what it is.

MLB: Centralized replay. Take replay out of the hands of the fools who made the initial mistake, who would be inherently biased to make the same mistake when the review it.
Never understood that, Why would you allow the person who messed up to look at the replay? Most people will by human nature tend to say, "nay, I got it right!" if there is the slightest ability to do so.

I have actually done clinical research on behavioral bias and humans are just hard wired to see what they want to see in certain circumstances and will not let those observations go, its wild.

Last edited:
No argument but what's the answer? Get better? Replay the Replay? They are human, with humans it's not going to be perfect. I think we all are frustrated.

If there is a call on the field, the options are 1) live with the call on the field with NO chance of getting it right and apologizing after the game for a mistake or 2) reviewing it and possibly getting it right and apologizing for a mistake after the game. I guess if there is a chance it might get corrected, faults and all, I guess replay is what it is.
Well, the only solution for lack of accountability and consequences is simply accountability and consequences.

When the guy never makes the forty, the replay is out because they spotted it wrong and gave him the thirty nine, and it was actually the thirty eight and a half, the replay shows it was the thirty eight and a half, after the replay its set at the forty one.

There's something wrong, its almost as if these are cries for help.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back