• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Refs

Warzone

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
This is not a thread about the refs trying to screw us. Instead this is a thread about how bad officiating has become. They are becoming far too involved in the game. Let the kids play. Stop calling fouls that have nothing to do with the play or have no affect on the outcome.

I rewatched NU and LT's formation violations on the punts. Neither of them should have been called.

DBs getting called for PI when they are playing the ball is just ridiculous. I have seen WRs mug DBs and the DB gets called.

Football used to be a game played by men. Stop trying to make it basketball.

This is not a thread about the refs trying to screw us. Instead this is a thread about how bad officiating has become. They are becoming far too involved in the game. Let the kids play. Stop calling fouls that have nothing to do with the play or have no affect on the outcome.

I rewatched NU and LT's formation violations on the punts. Neither of them should have been called.

DBs getting called for PI when they are playing the ball is just ridiculous. I have seen WRs mug DBs and the DB gets called.

Agree, they made themselves part of the game. Total BS calls on PI's. Husker fans gave them plenty of boos and well deserved.

They couldn't even spot the ball, they were atrocious last night.

I say just get rid of the refs altogether.

Let them play and self spot the ball, intramural type.

Disputes?

That's why they are wearing pads.

cookie-monster-checking-if-feeling-better-6t02w09ozdroj235.gif

I stopped yelling at officials after I became one. Not football, basketball, but same none the less. They are going to have bad games no doubt about it. Pretty soon there is going to be 1 or 2 dudes out there setting the ball down and AI will be calling the penalties. Still don't know why some guy is behind the plate in baseball calling balls and strikes.

Human officials will have human errors, if you want the game to last all day then get replay involved more, if you don't then I guess we will have to live with what we have, humans.

I stopped yelling at officials after I became one. Not football, basketball, but same none the less. They are going to have bad games no doubt about it. Pretty soon there is going to be 1 or 2 dudes out there setting the ball down and AI will be calling the penalties. Still don't know why some guy is behind the plate in baseball calling balls and strikes.

Human officials will have human errors, if you want the game to last all day then get replay involved more, if you don't then I guess we will have to live with what we have, humans.
I'm completely fine with the human element.

But the refs in the B1G are really some of the worst I've seen. I've seen calls for and against the Huskers. Many many many bad calls.

What is needed is better training. No excuse for this level of sports.

In my best Allen Iverson
We talkin about spottin? Is that what we're talkin about? Spottin?

In my best Allen Iverson
We talkin about spottin? Is that what we're talkin about? Spottin?
there were some bad spots that is for sure. Pretty much ever game I watch I shake my head and wonder what the heck they were looking at. But again part of the human element.

I'm completely fine with the human element.

But the refs in the B1G are really some of the worst I've seen. I've seen calls for and against the Huskers. Many many many bad calls.

What is needed is better training. No excuse for this level of sports.
I would assume that they training is pretty standard across all conferences but I can't say that for certain, and I am not disagreeing with you. I do suppose that there are some refs that are getting promoted to the big leagues because of who they know not how good they are, but that also is an assumption.

The one thing I know for certain is that it is easier for us as fans to sit back and watch on tv and have the hindsight to make the right call verses the guy/girl on the field. Not using that as an excuse just saying that maybe it just isn't as simple as it may seem.

Basketball used to be a game played by men as well…and they didn’t wear pads and helmets, and didn’t play on soft grass.

IMG_6331.jpeg

Last edited:

there were some bad spots that is for sure. Pretty much ever game I watch I shake my head and wonder what the heck they were looking at. But again part of the human element.
No, not by yards or a yard. Buy the best cars made on the planet? Made by humans. It's one game, 140 snaps. Over sixty minutes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back