• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruits Visiting for Wisconsin Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Nebraska) LB Josh Banderas :N:
(South Dakota) Ath Nathan Gerry :N:
(Ohio) TE Greg Hart :N:
(California) OL J.D. Hinnant
(California) DB Dashon Hunt
(Florida) RB JoJo Kemp - Soft Commit to South Florida
(Ontario, Canada) OL David Knevel
(Nebraska) DL Christian Lacouture :N:
(Arizona) OL Kenny Lacy - Soft Commit to UCLA
(Ohio) LB Courtney Love :N:
(California) Ath Drake Martinez
(Ohio) DB Marcus McWilson :N:
(Indiana) LS Gabriel Miller :N:
(Tennesee) OL Christian Morris - Soft Commit to UCLA
(Wisconsin) DL AJ Natter :N:
(Indiana) OL Dan Samuelson :N:
(Florida) WR Dominic Walker - Soft Commit to Vanderbilt

Per HIOs Recruiting Board thread, we will take 4 OLs. With Dan Samuelson and Zach Hannon on board, who is at the top of our list right now? With Hinnant, Knevel, Lacy and Morris visiting, plus NU being very high on Quessenberry (perhaps #1 on our board?) will we take a verbal from all/any of these guys? Also how critical is Hunt's commit? We're looking at taking 6 and I really don't feel overly confident with Cook and one would guess the ship has sailed on Dixon. I know we're hopeful on Willis, but it would appear after him and Mac Alexander our top choices would be done. It just seems a few of these guys might be more important to their position than the next.

Last edited:

Per HIOs Recruiting Board thread, we will take 4 OLs. With Dan Samuelson and Zach Hannon on board, who is at the top of our list right now? With Hinnant, Knevel, Lacy and Morris visiting, plus NU being very high on Quessenberry (perhaps #1 on our board?) will we take a verbal from all/any of these guys? Also how critical is Hunt's commit? We're looking at taking 6 and I really don't feel overly confident with Cook and one would guess the ship has sailed on Dixon. I know we're hopeful on Willis, but it would appear after him and Mac Alexander our top choices would be done. It just seems a few of these guys might be more important to their position than the next.

I could only speculate who was higher up on the priority list for the Huskers at OL. If I were to personally rank them, of the five you brought up I would go: 1. Scott Quessenberry 2. Kenny Lacy 3. Christian Morris 4. David Knevel 5. JD Hinnant. I think they would be thrilled to get a commitment from any of these guys ultimately, but especially the top 4 I mentioned.

As for Dashon Hunt and Mackensie Alexander, those are clearly two of the top CBs in the entire country. Priest Willis, who could play CB or Safety, is also in that class. All three will be tough pulls, with Willis and Hunt being the most likely. Getting them to visit is huge. Hunt was committed to UCLA for several months but he likes the Huskers. Alexander was a Tennessee commit, primarily because of Terry Joseph and now has Nebraska on his radar because of it. He has offers from the entire SEC, along with USC, Florida State, Oklahoma, Ohio State...basically the who's-who of college football. Priest Willis, who is good friends with Kenny Lacy, has offers from LSU (who he plans to visit as well - AND is being recruited by Corey Raymond), USC, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Michigan....an impressive list of suitors. He has liked Nebraska for a while and having one of the best safeties to ever play at Nebraska, Toby Wright, in his ear cant hurt.

Hunt-Willis-Alexander is a trio that could quite possibly play for any school in the country. Getting the bluest of chips like these guys IMPO are the sort of difference makers that are the difference between a 9-4 team and a 11-2 team. Keeping with the ranking theme, partly because I love to do it, I would rank those three: 1. Mackensie Alexander 2. Priest Willis 3. Dashon Hunt. Tempted to put Willis on-top because he can play FS as well as CB, but I have a slightly better grade on Alexander.

Getting Alexander or Willis, IMPO, would clearly represent the best defensive recruit Pelini has recruited, and arguably the best recruit overall. IMO those two guys are consensus Top 50 guys overall in the country with valid arguments for them being MUCH higher.

I could only speculate who was higher up on the priority list for the Huskers at OL. If I were to personally rank them, of the five you brought up I would go: 1. Scott Quessenberry 2. Kenny Lacy 3. Christian Morris 4. David Knevel 5. JD Hinnant. I think they would be thrilled to get a commitment from any of these guys ultimately, but especially the top 4 I mentioned.

As for Dashon Hunt and Mackensie Alexander, those are clearly two of the top CBs in the entire country. Priest Willis, who could play CB or Safety, is also in that class. All three will be tough pulls, with Willis and Hunt being the most likely. Getting them to visit is huge. Hunt was committed to UCLA for several months but he likes the Huskers. Alexander was a Tennessee commit, primarily because of Terry Joseph and now has Nebraska on his radar because of it. He has offers from the entire SEC, along with USC, Florida State, Oklahoma, Ohio State...basically the who's-who of college football. Priest Willis, who is good friends with Kenny Lacy, has offers from LSU (who he plans to visit as well - AND is being recruited by Corey Raymond), USC, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Michigan....an impressive list of suitors. He has liked Nebraska for a while and having one of the best safeties to ever play at Nebraska, Toby Wright, in his ear cant hurt.

Hunt-Willis-Alexander is a trio that could quite possibly play for any school in the country. Getting the bluest of chips like these guys IMPO are the sort of difference makers that are the difference between a 9-4 team and a 11-2 team. Keeping with the ranking theme, partly because I love to do it, I would rank those three: 1. Mackensie Alexander 2. Priest Willis 3. Dashon Hunt. Tempted to put Willis on-top because he can play FS as well as CB, but I have a slightly better grade on Alexander.

Getting Alexander or Willis, IMPO, would clearly represent the best defensive recruit Pelini has recruited, and arguably the best recruit overall. IMO those two guys are consensus Top 50 guys overall in the country with valid arguments for them being MUCH higher.

Completely agree, but gosh, Id take Dashon Hunt anytime, anywhere, anyplace! Think our best chance is with this kid, and hope he is "N!" Love the other two, but think Dashon is our best chance.

Hope the recruits can look past the ass-whooping the Huskers are gonna be getting all night.

This game is only confirming my opinion that Pelini's scheme is too complicated. Sorry my Nebraska friends, but your Huskers are in trouble.

Hope the recruits can look past the ass-whooping the Huskers are gonna be getting all night.

This game is only confirming my opinion that Pelini's scheme is too complicated. Sorry my Nebraska friends, but your Huskers are in trouble.

i agree completely. and until the head man finally admits that, we will never be a powerhouse again

i agree completely. and until the head man finally admits that, we will never be a powerhouse again

Pelini's teams seem to be undisciplined and mentally weak, especially in 'Big' games...Which really surprises me with Bo Pelini's reputation.

After seeing us bring a ton of fans to the Rose Bowl, and now this game, I wonder if Morris/lacy might be thinking about wearing red now...c'mon you know you want to

We need 2 DT's, 1 TE and 3 OL and 3 more DB's in next eyars class. If we can get 6-7 of these from the top of our list it will help- so yes Hunt, Morris, lacy and Knevel come on!

Me thinks n2fl may have spoken too soon.

That was a great comeback, reminiscent of the Ohio State game last year.
I still think there are major concerns going forward for Nebraska and feel they will struggle badly against Ohio State next week and then Michigan in a few more. They still don't have an answer for mobile QBs and I don't see them finding one. Lets face it, for 35 minutes of that game they were being dominated and making stupid, bone-headed mistakes. In 'Big' games under Pelini, Nebraska seemingly always loses the turnover battle (badly) and has more penalties than their opponent. If not for that exciting comeback, I think Pelini would be catching a lot of grief. I don't think he would be on a hot seat, but I think someone would have at least turned on the furnace under his chair.

Good comeback, good win...but this was not 2011 Wisconsin. Lets be honest, UCLA and Wisconsin are not elite teams, and IMPO Nebraska should not be getting slapped around by teams who are on those teams levels. Nebraska dominated three inferior teams and then when they faced two average BCS teams, they were a comeback of the ages away from getting embarrassed twice.

I wouldn't say we were getting dominated by any stretch. We had a nice drive for the TD in the 2nd Q and Wisky was scoring due to short fields. The Jean-Baptiste roughing the punter was a terrible, 'bone-headed' mistake, but what else was stupid? PJ bit on the PA twice, leaving no help on the long pass or the TD pass to Abbrederris; Rex fumbled because he ran into the lineman; and Taylor not feeling the backside pressure is common, heck even Vick doesn't feel that. Not trying to make excuses, but Pelini is right when he says we didn't execute, not just bad mistakes. Yes we always seem to lose the turnover battle which needs to be rectified by our guys not putting it on the ground as much and also forcing more turnovers. Pelini is going to catch a lot of grief either way, its what our fan base does. ;) But he did make a comment in the Coach's Show that maybe we came out a little too much on fire which led us to being tight. I can totally see that with how fired up you see JP get, our guys probably have so much adrenaline pumping, they don't know which was is up.

Once again, I think your posts over exaggerate any sort of whooping we were taking, but just a biased fan's opinion as well. :)

That was a great comeback, reminiscent of the Ohio State game last year.
I still think there are major concerns going forward for Nebraska and feel they will struggle badly against Ohio State next week and then Michigan in a few more. They still don't have an answer for mobile QBs and I don't see them finding one. Lets face it, for 35 minutes of that game they were being dominated and making stupid, bone-headed mistakes. In 'Big' games under Pelini, Nebraska seemingly always loses the turnover battle (badly) and has more penalties than their opponent. If not for that exciting comeback, I think Pelini would be catching a lot of grief. I don't think he would be on a hot seat, but I think someone would have at least turned on the furnace under his chair.

Good comeback, good win...but this was not 2011 Wisconsin. Lets be honest, UCLA and Wisconsin are not elite teams, and IMPO Nebraska should not be getting slapped around by teams who are on those teams levels. Nebraska dominated three inferior teams and then when they faced two average BCS teams, they were a comeback of the ages away from getting embarrassed twice.

N2FL, Im going to respectfully disagree with you here. We gave Wisconsin two easy TD's last night and forced them into 3rd and long on several occasions before letting them off the hook. On the contrary, I think we ate Wisconsin's lunch last night, despite shooting ourselves in the foot over and over. We had their lines gassed, we pounded the rock... and our OL gave Martinez ample time to throw on several occasions. Good teams find ways to win even when they can't seem to get out of their own way. Under NO circumstances last night did i feel we were being dominated.

I agree with you that Pelini's scheme may have been too complex for the last 2 years, but the DLine in the second half of last nights game was playing a different style than the one we've been seeing. THey took the 'damn the torpedoes' approach. They were exploding off the snap, trying to get to the QB, not simply contain him. Me thinks that we need to rely on that "live by the sword, die by the sword" approach that afforded Charlie McBride such salty D's. That will be the answer to these running QB's...

Recruit
1.gif

<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt> <dd>Nov 2010</dd><dt>Location</dt> <dd>Sao Paulo, Brazil</dd><dt>Posts</dt> <dd>231</dd></dl>
That was a great comeback, reminiscent of the Ohio State game last year. I still think there are major concerns going forward for Nebraska and feel they will struggle badly against Ohio State next week and then Michigan in a few more. They still don't have an answer for mobile QBs and I don't see them finding one. Lets face it, for 35 minutes of that game they were being dominated and making stupid, bone-headed mistakes. In 'Big' games under Pelini, Nebraska seemingly always loses the turnover battle (badly) and has more penalties than their opponent. If not for that exciting comeback, I think Pelini would be catching a lot of grief. I don't think he would be on a hot seat, but I think someone would have at least turned on the furnace under his chair.

Hey, N2FL, I am huge fan of your comments on recruits and on the game generally. I have to disagree with you about last night's game. First, some times, as you know, the ball just bounces in weird ways as it did in the first quarter. Sure, some of this was the Huskers being too psyched up for the game and part of avoiding that, I believe, will be winning and winning and winning especially at home. Maybe you remember the sideline commentator for one of the games in 95 or so saying "Wow, a couple of the Huskers celebrated the last td like a couple of college boys" the point being that those teams knew how to win, expected to win, and did win, so it was no big deal to get in the end zone. It is a culture that Bo is rebuilding. Second, this is what the home field advantage has to be, when things go bad, the team wins anyway. I don't see a huge change in Bo's defense from what he used at LSU to win the national championship. Of course, I could be wrong, but as I remember it was close to the same system, although there was more blitzing. I think our defense is getting there and having a couple of the guys who visited last night commit would sure help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back